ABC Wins New Year's Eve Ratings With Dick Clark's New Year's Rockin' Eve
ABC welcomed a new year with a victory. The network won New Year's Eve ratings, thanks to it's "New Year's Rockin' Eve" special. The program topped other new year's eve programs and encores with a total of 13.3 million viewers and a 4.1 rating in adults 18-49 demo, marking its largest audience since 2000.
The program kicked off with "New Year's Rockin' Eve Celebrates Dick Clark" at 8 P.M., which ran until 10 P.M. It averaged a 2.6 rating in the coveted demo and 9.4 million viewers. It was immediately followed by "Dick Clark's Primetime New Year's Rockin' Eve With Ryan Seacrest".
"New Year's Eve With Carson Daly" finished second that night, drawing 3.8 million viewers and a 1.1 rating in adults 18-49 demo. It's up more than 20% from last year in both categories.
FOX's "New Year's Eve Live" pulled in a 2.8 rating from 11 P.M. to 12:30 A.M. CBS averaged a 0.8 adults rating and 4 million viewers with encores and a new episodes of "The Mob Doctor", while The CW's repeat airing of "iHeart Radio Music Festival" earned a 0.5 rating and 1.3 million viewers.
- Nicole Scherzinger Goes Underwear Free in Dazzling Dress at BRIT Awards After-Party
- 'This Is Us' to Bring Back Ron Cephas Jones in Season 2 After That Emotional Road Trip
- Gigi and Bella Hadid Go Vampy for Milan Fashion Week
- NBC's 'Taken' Opening Scene Reveals How Bryan Mills' Sister Is Murdered
- Wham! and Chris Martin Pay Tribute to George Michael at BRIT Awards
- Tom Cruise Reportedly Ready to Reconnect With Daughter Suri After Years Apart
- Hugh Jackman Rules Out Wolverine/Deadpool Movie
- 'Glee' Alum Lauren Potter's Engagement Called Off