ABC Wins New Year's Eve Ratings With Dick Clark's New Year's Rockin' Eve
ABC welcomed a new year with a victory. The network won New Year's Eve ratings, thanks to it's "New Year's Rockin' Eve" special. The program topped other new year's eve programs and encores with a total of 13.3 million viewers and a 4.1 rating in adults 18-49 demo, marking its largest audience since 2000.
The program kicked off with "New Year's Rockin' Eve Celebrates Dick Clark" at 8 P.M., which ran until 10 P.M. It averaged a 2.6 rating in the coveted demo and 9.4 million viewers. It was immediately followed by "Dick Clark's Primetime New Year's Rockin' Eve With Ryan Seacrest".
"New Year's Eve With Carson Daly" finished second that night, drawing 3.8 million viewers and a 1.1 rating in adults 18-49 demo. It's up more than 20% from last year in both categories.
FOX's "New Year's Eve Live" pulled in a 2.8 rating from 11 P.M. to 12:30 A.M. CBS averaged a 0.8 adults rating and 4 million viewers with encores and a new episodes of "The Mob Doctor", while The CW's repeat airing of "iHeart Radio Music Festival" earned a 0.5 rating and 1.3 million viewers.
- Chris Brown Is Released on $250K Bail, Lawyer Calls Assault Allegations 'Demonstrably False'
- Daniel Craig Goes Blonde for His Villain Role in 'Logan Lucky'
- Tyga Has His Ferrari Repossessed While Bentley Shopping With Kylie Jenner
- 'The Flash' Teases Flashpoint Storyline in First Official Images From Season 3
- Halsey Flashes Her Bare Crotch as She Ditches Panties for a VMA After-Party
- Marvel Developing 'New Warriors' Comedy Series Featuring Squirrel Girl
- Mark Hamill Shaves His Jedi Beard and Hints at His Return to 'Star Wars Episode IX'
- 'Supergirl' Casts Superman Villain Metallo for Season 2