ABC Wins New Year's Eve Ratings With Dick Clark's New Year's Rockin' Eve
ABC welcomed a new year with a victory. The network won New Year's Eve ratings, thanks to it's "New Year's Rockin' Eve" special. The program topped other new year's eve programs and encores with a total of 13.3 million viewers and a 4.1 rating in adults 18-49 demo, marking its largest audience since 2000.
The program kicked off with "New Year's Rockin' Eve Celebrates Dick Clark" at 8 P.M., which ran until 10 P.M. It averaged a 2.6 rating in the coveted demo and 9.4 million viewers. It was immediately followed by "Dick Clark's Primetime New Year's Rockin' Eve With Ryan Seacrest".
"New Year's Eve With Carson Daly" finished second that night, drawing 3.8 million viewers and a 1.1 rating in adults 18-49 demo. It's up more than 20% from last year in both categories.
FOX's "New Year's Eve Live" pulled in a 2.8 rating from 11 P.M. to 12:30 A.M. CBS averaged a 0.8 adults rating and 4 million viewers with encores and a new episodes of "The Mob Doctor", while The CW's repeat airing of "iHeart Radio Music Festival" earned a 0.5 rating and 1.3 million viewers.
- Morgan Freeman Eyed to Join Disney's New 'Nutcracker' Film
- Get Your First Look at Tyler Hoechlin as Clark Kent on 'Supergirl'
- Taika Waititi Hints at Thanos' Connection to 'Thor: Ragnarok' in New Photo
- Lindsey Vonn Accidentally Flashes Underwear on the Red Carpet
- Rihanna Swarmed by Her Fans in 'Goodnight Gotham' Music Video
- Tony Parker Welcomes Second Child With Wife Axelle Francine
- Candice Swanepoel Bares Baby Bump While Posing Completely Naked in This Photo
- 'Sesame Street' Reconsiders Layoffs After Public Outcry, Actor Says