ABC Wins New Year's Eve Ratings With Dick Clark's New Year's Rockin' Eve
ABC welcomed a new year with a victory. The network won New Year's Eve ratings, thanks to it's "New Year's Rockin' Eve" special. The program topped other new year's eve programs and encores with a total of 13.3 million viewers and a 4.1 rating in adults 18-49 demo, marking its largest audience since 2000.
The program kicked off with "New Year's Rockin' Eve Celebrates Dick Clark" at 8 P.M., which ran until 10 P.M. It averaged a 2.6 rating in the coveted demo and 9.4 million viewers. It was immediately followed by "Dick Clark's Primetime New Year's Rockin' Eve With Ryan Seacrest".
"New Year's Eve With Carson Daly" finished second that night, drawing 3.8 million viewers and a 1.1 rating in adults 18-49 demo. It's up more than 20% from last year in both categories.
FOX's "New Year's Eve Live" pulled in a 2.8 rating from 11 P.M. to 12:30 A.M. CBS averaged a 0.8 adults rating and 4 million viewers with encores and a new episodes of "The Mob Doctor", while The CW's repeat airing of "iHeart Radio Music Festival" earned a 0.5 rating and 1.3 million viewers.
- Solange Releases 'A Seat at the Table' Album Featuring Lil Wayne and Kelly Rowland
- 'The Bachelor': Get Details of Nick Viall's Carnival Date
- Is That a Baby Bump? Christina Aguilera Looks Pregnant When Attending Drake's Concert
- Yes, Jessica Biel Eats in the Shower and She Wants You to Try It Too
- 'War for the Planet of the Apes' Gets Official Synopsis, First Footage Is Coming to NYCC
- Iggy Azalea Pushes Back 'Digital Distortion' Release to 2017, Cites Nick Young Drama
- Ben Affleck Says Taylor Swift Was Like 'God' When His Kids Met Her
- Kendall Jenner Unveils New Lip Tattoo