Samuel L. Jackson Slams the Ending of Steven Spielberg's 'Lincoln'
Apparently Samuel L. Jackson was not really amused by the way Steven Spielberg concluded the story in "Lincoln". The Nick Fury of "The Avengers" slammed the ending of the highly-praised history movie, stating that he was disappointed by the final moment in the film.
"I don't understand why it didn't just end when Lincoln is [SPOILER ALERT!] walking down the hall and the butler gives him his hat," said the Hollywood veteran told Los Angeles Times. "Why did I need to see him dying on the bed? I have no idea what Spielberg was trying to do."
Jackson, who worked with Spielberg in 1993's "Jurassic Park", didn't stop there as he said that he "didn't need the assassination at all. Unless he's going to show Lincoln getting his brains blown out." He went, "And even then, why am I watching it? The movie had a better ending 10 minutes before."
The 64-year-old thesp expressed his disappointment when discussing recent problems in which Hollywood films are struggling to find a perfect ending. On the issue, Spielberg has his own opinion, "The great challenge was not how the story would end but what it would cover. Tony [Kushner's] original draft was 550 pages."
Responding to Jackson's wish to see Abraham Lincoln shooter in the movie, Spielberg explained why he decided to not expose it. "We just knew we wouldn't show the assassination, because it would sensationalize the story," he said. "It would have suddenly focused the movie on the shooter, not the president."
- 'Game of Thrones' Season 7: Major Spoiler About Daenerys Leaked
- Emma Roberts and Ex Evan Peters Spark Reconciliation Rumors After Spotted Together
- Taylor Swift NOT Hooking Up With Todrick Hall
- Katy Perry Unveils Three 'Rise' Remixes
- New 'Empire' Season 3 Trailer Gives First Look at Mariah Carey's Kitty
- New 'Thor: Ragnarok' Set Pics Reveal Thor and Loki's Costume and Tease a Mystery Character
- Cara Delevingne Goes Bottomless to Raise Awareness for Cancer. See the Racy Snap
- Kim and Kourtney Throw Pampering Session for Khloe Kardashian Following Her Second Divorce Filing