Jay-Z Confirmed to Work on 'The Great Gatsby' Score
The inclusion of Jay-Z and Kanye West's song "No Church in the Wild" in the trailer of "The Great Gatsby" is not without a reason. It turns out that the husband of Beyonce Knowles is going to take part in making score for the Leonardo DiCaprio-starring movie.
The news of Jay-Z's involvement in making music for the Baz Luhrmann upcoming flick was confirmed by singer/songwriter/producer Jeymes Samuel of The Bullitts. "Jay-Z and myself have been working tirelessly on the score for the upcoming #CLASSIC The Great Gatsby! It is too DOPE for words!" he tweeted.
"The Great Gatsby" will be released in the United States on May 10, 2013. It follows would-be writer Nick Carraway (Tobey Maguire) as he leaves the Midwest and lands next door to a mysterious, party-giving millionaire, Jay Gatsby. It is thus that Nick is drawn into the captivating world of the super rich, their illusions, loves and deceits.
More Jay-Z News
- Wait... What? Is Tiger Woods Saying He Doesn't Regret Cheating on Elin Nordegren?
- Marvel Pulls 'Invincible Iron Man' Cover After Accusations of 'Sexualizing' Its Underage Hero
- No More Sexy Selfies? Kim Kardashian Is Re-Emerging 'More Covered Up' and 'Less Make-Up'
- Drake Hints at Releasing New Music on His 30th Birthday. Get Details on His Celebration
- Blac Chyna Pokes Fun at Her Pregnancy Curves, Compares Herself to a Pokemon
- Amy Adams and Jake Gyllenhaal's Love Turns to Hatred in 'Nocturnal Animals' First Full Trailer
- Jay-Z and Beyonce Are Both Upset With 'Nut Job' Kanye West Following His Rant
- Justin Bieber Scolds Concertgoers for Screaming at Manchester Show