Jay-Z Confirmed to Work on 'The Great Gatsby' Score
The inclusion of Jay-Z and Kanye West's song "No Church in the Wild" in the trailer of "The Great Gatsby" is not without a reason. It turns out that the husband of Beyonce Knowles is going to take part in making score for the Leonardo DiCaprio-starring movie.
The news of Jay-Z's involvement in making music for the Baz Luhrmann upcoming flick was confirmed by singer/songwriter/producer Jeymes Samuel of The Bullitts. "Jay-Z and myself have been working tirelessly on the score for the upcoming #CLASSIC The Great Gatsby! It is too DOPE for words!" he tweeted.
"The Great Gatsby" will be released in the United States on May 10, 2013. It follows would-be writer Nick Carraway (Tobey Maguire) as he leaves the Midwest and lands next door to a mysterious, party-giving millionaire, Jay Gatsby. It is thus that Nick is drawn into the captivating world of the super rich, their illusions, loves and deceits.
More Jay-Z News
- Lucasfilm Isn't Happy With Alden Ehrenreich's 'Han Solo' Performance
- Israel Names a Beach After Britney Spears
- Taylor Swift Resurfaces With New Look in a Congratulatory Video for Russell Westbrook
- Pregnant Serena Williams Poses Nearly Nude for Vanity Fair
- Scott Disick Risks Liver Failure With His Binge Drinking Habit
- 'Pretty Little Liars' Series Finale Photos: Get First Look at Aria's Wedding Dress
- Is Khloe Kardashian Pregnant? Tristan Thompson Believes She Will Be the 'Best Mom'
- Insecure Kylie Jenner Thinks She's Ugly