Michael Phelps Splits From Model Girlfriend Megan Rossee
Michael Phelps is back to singlehood after splitting from girlfriend Megan Rossee. The 27-year-old Olympian swimmer has reportedly ended his romance with the aspiring model after realizing that the relationship was "not going anywhere".
Phelps and Roosee had been dating for 10 months when he decided to call it quits. Per TMZ, Phelps wanted to "pursue other options." None from his camp has said anything about the split but the athlete tweeted a cryptic message on Twitter after the news was made public, writing "Things happen for a reason...". Phelps was seen alone when playing beer pong with George Clooney's girlfriend Stacy Keibler in Cabo San Lucas, Mexico on Saturday evening.
Roosee herself posted a photo of her alone on Twitter Sunday, December 30. While in relationship with Phelps, she often posted intimate shots of them on Instagram. She also tweeted a quote from "Sex and the City", writing "Some people are settling down…some are settling…and some people refuse to settle for anything less than butterflies."
Phelps and Roosee first made their relationship public when appearing together on the red carpet at a Speedo-sponsored event in August in London. Rumor has it, she jumped into the relationship because of fame. "Michael is like a puppy dog around Megan - he's completely in love with her," a source told Radar Online.
"However, like any young girl hoping to make it in Hollywood, she's ambitious and knows that by associating herself with Michael she will get a lot of press herself. She's desperate for her own fame - her career has been a slow-burner but this will certainly accelerate it."
- Tom Holland Lands Lead Role in Video Game Adaptation 'Uncharted'
- Katy Perry Unmasks Her Real Self in 'Witness' Video Teaser
- Johnny Depp and Javier Bardem Officially Join Tom Cruise in Universal's Monster Film 'Dark Universe'
- Angelina Jolie and Brad Pitt Are Ready to Start Co-Parenting Their 6 Kids
- Watch Lana Del Rey Get Cozy With The Weeknd in 'Lust for Life' Video
- Kylie Jenner Is 'Annoyed' That Ariel Winter Keeps Stealing Her Look
- Kris Jenner Wants Her Marriage With Caitlyn to Be Annulled
- The Chainsmokers Hints at Collaboration with BTS