Scarlett Johansson Makes Marriage No Importance
Now that she has experienced marriage that did not work, Scarlett Johansson sees no reason to go back to that state. In an interview with Elle U.K., the "Lost in Translation" actress said that she has no plans to get married again following her divorce from husband of two years, Ryan Reynolds.
"I got married when I was young and it was incredibly romantic and I liked being married, actually," Johansson said. "But it is different. It's hard to put into words. To me, being in a functioning relationship doesn't mean you have to be married."
She continued, "I never think about marriage. Is that weird? The only time I ever think about it is when people ask me, 'Would I get married again?' It's really not important to me. It has no relevance to me right now. I'm not having kids anytime soon, I'm in a nice relationship, I'm working a lot, and, like I said, it's not important to me."
Johansson has been dating journalist Romain Dauriac following her split from adman Nate Naylor.
In the same interview, Johansson also talked about being sex symbol. "I think any woman who is curvy and wears a gown to an event is, like, super sexualized," she opined. "I mean, at the time I was 18, 19. I was young. I've always been curvy. It runs in the family. Throw on an evening frock and it's like all of a sudden you have boobs and everyone is like: 'bombshell!; Instantly it was: 'The new Marilyn [Monroe]'."
Although she is coming to the age of 30, Johansson feels content with her life. "I feel like I've been transitioning from young woman into womanhood for a very long time," she said. "Now as I approach 30, with the last few years behind me, I feel like growing pains are behind me. It's just nice to feel happy."
More Scarlett Johansson News
- 'Pretty Little Liars' Reveals A.D. in Series Finale. Did You See It Coming?
- Britney Spears Slams Lip-Sync Accusations: 'Nobody Ever Really Gives Me Credit'
- 'Gotham' Star Donal Logue's Child Is Missing
- 'Star Trek' Alum to Direct an Upcoming Episode of 'Star Trek: Discovery'
- Kim Kardashian Mom-Shamed Over Saint West's Front-Facing Car Seat
- Rihanna Caught Making Out With Mystery Man in Spain
- Kendrick Lamar Gets Violent in New Brutal Video for 'Element'
- 'Girl with Dragon Tattoo' Star Michael Nyqvist Dies at 56