Hillary Clinton Hospitalized After Doctors Found Blood Clot
Hillary Clinton has admitted herself into New York Presbyterian Hospital with a blood clot, so Philippe Reines, deputy assistant secretary of state, confirms. Doctors found the blood clot when the Secretary of State was undergoing a follow-up exam related to a concussion she sustained earlier this month.
"In the course of a follow-up exam today, Secretary Clinton's doctors discovered a blood clot had formed, stemming from the concussion she sustained several weeks ago," Reines says Sunday, December 30. "She is being treated with anti-coagulants and is at NewYork-Presbyterian Hospital so that they can monitor the medication over the next 48 hours."
Reines further states that "doctors will continue to assess her condition, including other issues associated with her concussion" and "they will determine if any further action is required." The spokesperson, however, doesn't mention where the clot was discovered.
Mrs. Clinton was previously forced to cancel a trip to North Africa and the Middle East as she suffered a stomach virus. While recovering at home, she fainted due to dehydration which then caused the concussion.
- Watch Barden Bellas Dance in 'Pitch Perfect 3' Behind-the-Scenes Video
- James Marsden Is Under Consideration to Join 'Green Lantern Corps' as Hal Jordan
- Blake Lively 'Livid' Over Ryan Reynolds' Possible Reunion With Ex-Wife Scarlett Johansson
- The Weeknd Reunites With Selena Gomez at a Club After Running Into Ex Bella Hadid
- 'The Lost City of Z' Gets New International Trailer
- Peter Dinklage's New Red Hair May Hint at His 'Avengers: Infinity War' Role
- Future Enjoys Lavish Getaway in Dubai in New Video for 'Poppin' Tags'
- James Cameron and 'Deadpool' Director Tim Miller Team Up for New 'Terminator' Movie