Hillary Clinton Hospitalized After Doctors Found Blood Clot
Hillary Clinton has admitted herself into New York Presbyterian Hospital with a blood clot, so Philippe Reines, deputy assistant secretary of state, confirms. Doctors found the blood clot when the Secretary of State was undergoing a follow-up exam related to a concussion she sustained earlier this month.
"In the course of a follow-up exam today, Secretary Clinton's doctors discovered a blood clot had formed, stemming from the concussion she sustained several weeks ago," Reines says Sunday, December 30. "She is being treated with anti-coagulants and is at NewYork-Presbyterian Hospital so that they can monitor the medication over the next 48 hours."
Reines further states that "doctors will continue to assess her condition, including other issues associated with her concussion" and "they will determine if any further action is required." The spokesperson, however, doesn't mention where the clot was discovered.
Mrs. Clinton was previously forced to cancel a trip to North Africa and the Middle East as she suffered a stomach virus. While recovering at home, she fainted due to dehydration which then caused the concussion.
More Hillary Clinton News
- 'DWTS' Pro Peta Murgatroyd and Maksim Chmerkovskiy Expecting First Child, but Something Upset Them
- Ben Affleck Gives Jennifer Garner 11-Carat Diamond Ahead of Their Anniversary - Is It True?
- Iggy Azalea Teases Collaboration With Zedd After Pushing Back Her Album's Release
- Kanye West Ready to Take Legal Action if Sex Tapes Leak
- Yikes! Kendall and Kylie Jenner Reportedly in 'Bizarre Love Triangle' With Scott Disick
- New 'Luke Cage' Set Photos Reveal Villain Diamondback
- Tom Hanks and Rita Wilson's Marriage Reportedly Crumbles. Here's the Truth
- Prince Hated the Idea of Appearing in a Music Video With Madonna