Artist of the Week: The-Dream
After three chart-busting studio albums, The-Dream has finally released a self-titled effort. Two years in the making, the album is named after his birth name, Terius Nash, and the year he was born, 1977. It has been in stores across the United States starting December 18.
He initially planned to release "Love IV" as his next installment and only dropped "Terius Nash: 1977" to tide fans over because the intended album was put on hold. He gave the self-titled album for free last summer but later upgraded it for a commercial release.
"The 'TERIUS NASH EST. 1977' is very personal and to my Fans!" he explained on Twitter. "BTW NO ONE AT DEFJAM IS HAPPY ABOUT A FREE ALBUM LOL.... they are trying to stop it!" Regarding the delayed CD, he said, "LP4 is Underway I THE-DREAM have decided to go forward with 'Diary Of A Madman' LP it almost didnt happen. So ill be in my DefJam uniform..."
When he's not busy crafting materials for his own efforts, The-Dream makes hit singles for other artists. The certified singer/producer/songwriter is best known for penning "Baby" for Justin Bieber, "Umbrella" for Rihanna and "Single Ladies (Put a Ring on It)" for Beyonce Knowles.
Although he's been holding off his studio album, The-Dream has productive years contributing to songs for other artists. He took part in Kanye West's star-studded song "All of the Lights" that won a Grammy in 2011. In the upcoming prestigious prize-giving event, his co-written track "No Church in the Wild" for Kanye and Jay-Z is nominated for Best Rap/Sung Collaboration.
- 'The Bachelor' Recap: Nick Gets Surprise Visit From Ex Andi Dorfman After Hometown Dates
- Drake Gives a Birthday Shout Out to Rihanna During Concert
- She's 'Dying'! Cher Suffers From Mystery Illness
- Charlie Hunnam Is Facing His Destiny in 'King Arthur: Legend of the Sword' Latest Epic Trailer
- Watch Lana Del Rey Fly to the Moon in 'Love' Music Video
- Wiz Khalifa and Amber Rose Are Batman and Batgirl at Son's 4th Birthday Bash
- Back Together? Ellie Goulding Attends London Fashion Week Parties With Ex Dougie Poynter
- 'Supergirl' 2.14 Preview: Kara and Alex's Father Is Back