Stolen Gun Found at Katt Williams' Home Before Arrest
Details of Katt Williams' arrest on Friday, December 28 started to emerge. It turns out that not only was the 41-year-old funnyman taken into police custody due to suspicion of child endangerment but he was also cuffed for possession of a stolen gun.
The delinquent comedian/rapper was arrested after the Los Angeles County Department of Children and Family Services did a welfare check at his home. Authorities found that one of the firearms recovered in his house had been reported missing.
Rumor suggested illegal drugs were also found at the "Friday After Next" star's Woodland Hills residence. He was taken to Valley Jail in Van Nuys, and was released Friday night on $100,000. "There was no drugs ... Weed is not a drug," he said to TMZ upon his release.
Regarding the gun finding, he said in his defense, "How do you keep kids safe without guns?" He added, "If the police come in and raid my place and break into my gun boxes, you're gonna find guns! I'm not in a gang, what difference does it make?"
This year has gone from bad to worse for Williams. He has already landed in hot water for harassment, reckless driving and gun violence earlier this year. The list of his problems gets longer after he was hit with a staggering $4 million tax lien.
More Katt Williams News
- Not a Wise Spender, Kylie Jenner Is Reportedly Nearly Broke
- 'Suicide Squad' Star Ike Barinholtz Welcomes Second Baby With Wife
- T.J. Miller Parties Hard in First 'Office Christmas Party' Trailer
- Watch Stephen Colbert Crash and Get Kicked Off DNC Stage During 'Hunger Games' Spoof
- Kendall Jenner on Freeing Her Nipples: 'I Don't See What the Big Deal Is'
- Mila Kunis Flaunts Baby Bump at 'Bad Moms' L.A. Premiere
- Aaron Rodgers Finally Addresses Brother Jordan's 'Bachelorette' Gig and Family Estrangement
- Lupita Nyong'o Reveals 'Black Panther' Plot Details