Stolen Gun Found at Katt Williams' Home Before Arrest
Details of Katt Williams' arrest on Friday, December 28 started to emerge. It turns out that not only was the 41-year-old funnyman taken into police custody due to suspicion of child endangerment but he was also cuffed for possession of a stolen gun.
The delinquent comedian/rapper was arrested after the Los Angeles County Department of Children and Family Services did a welfare check at his home. Authorities found that one of the firearms recovered in his house had been reported missing.
Rumor suggested illegal drugs were also found at the "Friday After Next" star's Woodland Hills residence. He was taken to Valley Jail in Van Nuys, and was released Friday night on $100,000. "There was no drugs ... Weed is not a drug," he said to TMZ upon his release.
Regarding the gun finding, he said in his defense, "How do you keep kids safe without guns?" He added, "If the police come in and raid my place and break into my gun boxes, you're gonna find guns! I'm not in a gang, what difference does it make?"
This year has gone from bad to worse for Williams. He has already landed in hot water for harassment, reckless driving and gun violence earlier this year. The list of his problems gets longer after he was hit with a staggering $4 million tax lien.
- Chris Brown Is Released on $250K Bail, Lawyer Calls Assault Allegations 'Demonstrably False'
- Daniel Craig Goes Blonde for His Villain Role in 'Logan Lucky'
- Tyga Has His Ferrari Repossessed While Bentley Shopping With Kylie Jenner
- 'The Flash' Teases Flashpoint Storyline in First Official Images From Season 3
- Halsey Flashes Her Bare Crotch as She Ditches Panties for a VMA After-Party
- Marvel Developing 'New Warriors' Comedy Series Featuring Squirrel Girl
- Mark Hamill Shaves His Jedi Beard and Hints at His Return to 'Star Wars Episode IX'
- 'Supergirl' Casts Superman Villain Metallo for Season 2