David Beckham May Bring Family to China Under New Contract
It has been no secret that David Beckham is one of the most wanted footballers out there after completing his contract with Los Angeles' Galaxy. More than a dozen football clubs in China, Brazil, Australia, France, Japan, Russia and South Africa are vying to sign him but it is reportedly Chinese Super League team Shanghai Shenhua which has the biggest chance.
Backham, originally from England, had to move to Madrid, Spain as well as Los Angeles, U.S. as he struck deals with different clubs. Earlier this month, he ended his career in LA Galaxy where he has spent the last six years of his life. Until recently, it was rumored that he would move back to U.K. or head to Monaco.
However, new reports claimed that Beckham may bring his family to China as he is mulling over a contract worth 250,000 pounds a week. He may also get additional 20 million pounds from merchandising deals. Simon Fuller will manage his move.
"He has cracked Europe and America, he now has the chance to become huge in China and the Far East," a source told People. "This is a huge decision for him. While David wants one final challenge in football, a move to China is about more than that. It will push Brand Beckham to a whole new level."
Beckham previously revealed that he was indeed having some interesting offers. "I'm lucky because at 37 years old, I've been offered some exciting options," the sportsman told Sky Sports News. "I've got quite a few offers on the table."
More David Beckham News
- Mantis Reveals Star-Lord's Deep Dark Secret in 'Guardians of the Galaxy 2' New Trailer
- Watch: Rita Ora Drops Her Top in Raunchy Love Advent Video
- Britney Spears Gets Surprise Birthday Cake on Stage at 2016 Jingle Ball
- Granger Smith Broke His Rips and Punctured His Lung After Falling From Stage
- Madonna Wants to Remarry Sean Penn for $150,000 at Miami's Art Basel
- Chris Evans Feels 'Rage' Over 'Last Tango in Paris' Real Rape Scene
- Mariah Carey Not Too Keen on Comparison Between Her Alter Ego Bianca and Beyonce's Sasha Fierce
- Mark Wahlberg Criticizes Fellow Celebs Who Talk About Politics