Charlie Sheen Apologizes for Using Homophobic Slur
Charlie Sheen was caught on video using homophobic slur at a party he hosted on Friday, December 28. The "Anger Management" star has issued an apology, saying it was simply a case of slip of tongue.
Sheen was addressing the crowd at the grand opening of a new rooftop bar at a seaside hotel in Cabo, Mexico. The actor is a partner in the bar. "How we doing?" Sheen shouted to the audience from the stage to introduce some musical acts. "How we doing? ... Lying bunch of f**got a**holes, how we doing?"
Spotted among the guests were the likes of Los Angeles mayor Antonio Villaraigosa and Dr. Robert Huizenga from "The Biggest Loser". Rocker Slash was one of the performers scheduled to take the stage that night.
Sheen later admitted to using the offensive word and apologized. Telling TMZ, he said, "I meant no ill will and intended to hurt no one and I apologize if I offended anyone. I meant to say maggot but I have a lisp."
The following day Sheen tweeted a photo of him and Villaraigosa enjoying the party. "From Boyle Heights 2 Mayor of LA..! .... Antonio Villaraigosa knows how to party!" Sheen wrote on Saturday. Villaraigosa, according to his press secretary, will remain in Mexico until January 2.
- Bella Hadid Shows Off Lacy Bra and Flat Tummy in Crop Hoodie
- Jesse Eisenberg Teams Up With Bad Robot for TV Comedy
- Rita Ora Ditches Bra, Shows Her Nipples in See-Through Top
- 'Jurassic World 2' Connection With 'Jurassic Park' Is Revealed
- Kim Kardashian Shares How Paris Robbery Has Changed Her Life
- Vin Diesel Makes Rapping Debut With Nicky Jam at the 2017 Billboard Latin Music Awards
- 'La La Land' Filmmaker Damien Chazelle to Helm Musical-Themed TV Drama
- Sylvester Stallone May Star in More Marvel Films After 'GOTG 2'