Charlie Sheen Apologizes for Using Homophobic Slur
Charlie Sheen was caught on video using homophobic slur at a party he hosted on Friday, December 28. The "Anger Management" star has issued an apology, saying it was simply a case of slip of tongue.
Sheen was addressing the crowd at the grand opening of a new rooftop bar at a seaside hotel in Cabo, Mexico. The actor is a partner in the bar. "How we doing?" Sheen shouted to the audience from the stage to introduce some musical acts. "How we doing? ... Lying bunch of f**got a**holes, how we doing?"
Spotted among the guests were the likes of Los Angeles mayor Antonio Villaraigosa and Dr. Robert Huizenga from "The Biggest Loser". Rocker Slash was one of the performers scheduled to take the stage that night.
Sheen later admitted to using the offensive word and apologized. Telling TMZ, he said, "I meant no ill will and intended to hurt no one and I apologize if I offended anyone. I meant to say maggot but I have a lisp."
The following day Sheen tweeted a photo of him and Villaraigosa enjoying the party. "From Boyle Heights 2 Mayor of LA..! .... Antonio Villaraigosa knows how to party!" Sheen wrote on Saturday. Villaraigosa, according to his press secretary, will remain in Mexico until January 2.
- Asa Butterfield Is Martian Coming to Earth in New 'Space Between Us' Trailer
- Liev Schreiber Shares Sweet Birthday Message for Naomi Watts After Split
- 'Outlander' Casts Older Fergus for Season 3
- That's What You Call Karma! Blac Chyna Leaks Rob Kardashian's Phone Number
- Listen to Tinashe and GTA's Sexy New Single 'All Caught Up'
- Angelina Jolie Enlists the Real Olivia Pope for Brad Pitt Divorce
- Report: Kim Kardashian Is Making Another Sex Tape and Opening a High-End Nude Resort
- Want to Meet Ryan Gosling and Harrison Ford on 'Blade Runner 2' Set? Here's How to Win the Trip