Emmylou Harris Suspected of Hit and Run Accident
Country legend Emmylou Harris is a suspect in a hit and run. Law enforcement told TMZ that Harris is in the middle of an investigation on a car accident that occurred on October 1 at around 10 P.M. in Los Angeles.
Harris allegedly was driving a rental car on the 405 Freeway when she struck a car and sped off. The other driver filed a report with the police and after an investigation, the file was sent to L.A. County District Attorney. It is yet known whether Harris will be prosecuted.
Meanwhile, a representative of Harris told TMZ that the singer was indeed involved in a "minor traffic accident" but it was "unintentional". While it is a crime to leave the scene of an accident that causes injury or property damage without stopping and exchanging info, Harris didn't realize the cars had bumped to each other so she took off.
Her rep added that it was simply a "garden-variety accident that happens everyday on the 405". The Grammy winner's insurance company will now take over the case.
Harris will release a new album on February 26. "Old Yellow Moon" is the first official collaboration of Harris and Rodney Crowell since he joined her Hot Band as guitarist in 1975. "I always hoped we would someday do this record, and now I can finally cross it off my bucket list," Harris said.
- 'Bachelorette' Premiere Recap: JoJo Meets Her Suitors. Who Makes the Most Memorable Entrance?
- Ariana Grande Makes Out a Lot in 'Into You' Music Video
- New CG-Animated 'Garfield' in the Works as Franchise
- Kim Kardashian Shows Off Her Curves in Flesh-Baring Outfit at Vogue 100 Festival in London
- Lil Wayne Blasts Cash Money Again Months After Reuniting With Birdman
- 'The Voice' Final Performances: Listen to the Top 4's Original Songs
- Justin Bieber Sings Taylor Swift's Song and Talks About Her First Love. Is He Mocking Her?
- Beyonce and Jay-Z's Long-Rumored Joint Album May Arrive Anytime Now