Emmylou Harris Suspected of Hit and Run Accident
Country legend Emmylou Harris is a suspect in a hit and run. Law enforcement told TMZ that Harris is in the middle of an investigation on a car accident that occurred on October 1 at around 10 P.M. in Los Angeles.
Harris allegedly was driving a rental car on the 405 Freeway when she struck a car and sped off. The other driver filed a report with the police and after an investigation, the file was sent to L.A. County District Attorney. It is yet known whether Harris will be prosecuted.
Meanwhile, a representative of Harris told TMZ that the singer was indeed involved in a "minor traffic accident" but it was "unintentional". While it is a crime to leave the scene of an accident that causes injury or property damage without stopping and exchanging info, Harris didn't realize the cars had bumped to each other so she took off.
Her rep added that it was simply a "garden-variety accident that happens everyday on the 405". The Grammy winner's insurance company will now take over the case.
Harris will release a new album on February 26. "Old Yellow Moon" is the first official collaboration of Harris and Rodney Crowell since he joined her Hot Band as guitarist in 1975. "I always hoped we would someday do this record, and now I can finally cross it off my bucket list," Harris said.
- 'The Predator' Release Date Pushed Back
- 'Deadpool 2' and 'New Mutants' Get Release Dates
- Video: Kylie Jenner Holding Hands With Travis Scott
- 'X-Men: Dark Phoenix' and Release Date Officially Announced
- Jay-Z Renews Deal With Live Nation
- 'Avatar' Sequels Release Dates Unveiled
- Kourtney Kardashian Goes Undercover as News Reporter and Nobody Recognizes Her
- Carmelo and La La Anthony Put on United Front for Sake of Their Son