Taio Cruz Releases Acoustic Video for 'Fast Car'
Mega-platinum artist Taio Cruz comes out with an acoustic rendition of his latest single "Fast Car", performing it on the rooftop of the snazzy Vegas-style Hollywood nightclub, backed by a lone guitarist. "Fast Car" is a track from his album "TY.O", first released in December 2011 in Germany, and this month in the U.K. and the U.S.
Cruz has developed the habit of posting acoustic performances online. He started with simple homemade videos of his Adele and Rihanna covers, then moving up to higher-quality versions with his Bruno Mars covers. Prior to his new "Fast Car" clip, which comes out via ET Online, he also made an acoustic version of his own biggest hits "Break Your Heart" and "Dynamite", the highest-grossing track in the history of Island Def Jam, his own record label.
The British songwriter and record producer is also an occasional rapper and entrepreneur. His debut album "Departure" is something he wrote, arranged and produced himself. His sophomore album "Rokstarr" brought him fame via the singles "Break Your Heart" and "Dynamite".
He has collaborated with artists Ke$ha and Fabolous for the single "Dirty Picture" and with Kylie Minogue and Travis McCoy on his single "Higher". Last year, Cruz composed and recorded "Telling the World", the lead single on the soundtrack of the animated movie "Rio". He named his latest album "TY.O" as such in his frustration at people constantly mispronouncing his name.
Taio Cruz's "Fast Car" Music Video
- 'The Ring' Prank Is Too Real to Not Be Terrified. See People's Reactions
- First Look at Sebastian Stan in 'I, Tonya' Arrives as Caitlin Carver Joins the Cast
- Furious Chris Brown Hits Back at Aziz Ansari for Comparing Him to Donald Trump
- Michelle Rodriguez Is a Transgender in 'The Assignment' Trailer
- Bella Hadid Gets Frisky in Threesome Photo With Kendall Jenner and Riccardo Tisci
- Alec Baldwin Will Host 'Saturday Night Live' for the 17th Time
- Sabrina Carpenter Slays a Mash-Up of Ed Sheeran's 'Shape of You' and TLC's 'No Scrubs'
- Did Olivia Munn Just Throw Shade at Aaron Rodgers' Family?