Tom Hiddleston Admits He Talked to Kevin Feige About Directing 'Thor 2'
As if working in front of camera is not enough for him, Tom Hiddleston admitted that he actually wanted to serve behind the lens for "Thor: The Dark World". The helming duty is now handed out to Alan Taylor, but the Loki depicter opened up that he once casually talked to Marvel boss Kevin Feige if he could replace Kenneth Branagh as the new helmer.
"I did ask, half-jokingly, Kevin Feige about directing 'Thor 2' and he said, 'Do you have something to show me?' I said no," Hiddleston told Empire magazine. "He said, 'If you made something and showed me, I might consider it.' But it's better for the world that he said no. It would be such a responsibility, but I think I'd enjoy it."
In "Thor 2", the God of Thunder must save Earth and all the Nine Realms from a shadowy enemy that predates the universe itself. In the aftermath of Marvel's "Thor" and "The Avengers", the Asgardian hero fights to restore order across the cosmos, but an ancient race led by the vengeful Malekith returns to plunge the universe back into darkness.
Faced with an enemy that even Odin and Asgard cannot withstand, Thor must embark on his most perilous and personal journey yet, one that will reunite him with Jane Foster and force him to sacrifice everything to save us all. The movie will hit the U.S. theaters on November 8, 2013.
Earlier this year, Hiddleston opened up that Loki would have "his absolute rock bottom" in "Thor 2". The British actor said, "I'd like to see him yield, essentially, to his darkest instinct. Then, having hit rock bottom, maybe come back up."
He added, "I think the fascination for me about playing Loki is that, in the history of the mythology and the comic books and the Scandinavian myths, is he's constantly dancing on this fault line of the dark side and redemption. I don't know when, but it will be so fun to see him see the light again and be recruited to the good side."
- Heidi Klum's Boyfriend Vito Schabel Spotted Kissing Another Woman in London
- Angelina Jolie Is Worrying That Brad Pitt Will Get More Custody
- Amanda Bynes Steps Out for Shopping in Beverly Hills
- Gal Gadot Is Already Planning for Baby No. 3
- Louis Tomlinson and Bebe Rexha Announce New Collab 'Back to You'
- Meek Mill and His Crew Caught Jumping and Attacking Nicki Minaj's Ex Safaree
- Are Jon Hamm and Jenny Slate Dating? Pal Says 'They're a Perfect Match'
- Emily Ratajkowski Parades Her Impressive Bum in Tiny Thong Bikini in Italy