Western Movie Actor Harry Carey Jr. Died of Natural Causes
Hollywood is mourning the loss of its other talent. Western character actor Harry Carey Jr. died Thursday, December 27 of natural causes surrounded by family at a hospice facility in Santa Barbara, Calif., his daughter Melinda Carey confirmed on Friday.
"He went out as gracefully as he came in," she added. Carey is survived by his wife Marilyn Fix - the daughter of late actor Paul Fix whom he married in 1944, a son, two daughters, three grandchildren and two great-grandchildren. He was 91.
One of filmmakers who worked with the veteran actor during his life has paid tribute to him. "Sunchaser" director Michael Cimino tweeted, "RIP Harry Carey, Jr. 1921-2012 / A great man. / I worked with him on SUNCHASER in 1996."
Carey starred alongside Woody Harrelson, Jon Seda and Anne Bancroft in "Sunchaser" which marked Cimino's last feature-length film. The son of silent and Western film star Harry Carey Sr. and actress Olive Carey, he also appeared in many John Ford's greatest films, including "3 Godfathers", "She Wore a Yellow Ribbon" and "Wagon Master".
Just over the Christmas holiday, two other veteran actors had passed away. Charles Durning, 89, and Jack Klugman, 90, died of natural causes on Monday, December 24.
- New Trailer for Cameron Crowe's 'Roadies' Promises Nudity and a Lot of Drama
- Here's What Chris Evans Says of Captain America's Hydra Plot Twist
- Blac Chyna's Baby Bump Is Growing! Model Bares Belly in Black Sports Bra
- Khloe Kardashian Refuses to Pay Lamar Odom Spousal Support
- Netflix Releases Trailer and Release Date for 'The Little Prince'
- 'Westworld' and SJP's 'Divorce' Set for Fall Premieres
- Reasons Behind Johnny Depp and Amber Heard's Divorce Are Revealed. Is She Using Him for Fame?
- Adele Hilariously Curses Onstage After Forgetting Her Own Lyrics at Concert