Western Movie Actor Harry Carey Jr. Died of Natural Causes
Hollywood is mourning the loss of its other talent. Western character actor Harry Carey Jr. died Thursday, December 27 of natural causes surrounded by family at a hospice facility in Santa Barbara, Calif., his daughter Melinda Carey confirmed on Friday.
"He went out as gracefully as he came in," she added. Carey is survived by his wife Marilyn Fix - the daughter of late actor Paul Fix whom he married in 1944, a son, two daughters, three grandchildren and two great-grandchildren. He was 91.
One of filmmakers who worked with the veteran actor during his life has paid tribute to him. "Sunchaser" director Michael Cimino tweeted, "RIP Harry Carey, Jr. 1921-2012 / A great man. / I worked with him on SUNCHASER in 1996."
Carey starred alongside Woody Harrelson, Jon Seda and Anne Bancroft in "Sunchaser" which marked Cimino's last feature-length film. The son of silent and Western film star Harry Carey Sr. and actress Olive Carey, he also appeared in many John Ford's greatest films, including "3 Godfathers", "She Wore a Yellow Ribbon" and "Wagon Master".
Just over the Christmas holiday, two other veteran actors had passed away. Charles Durning, 89, and Jack Klugman, 90, died of natural causes on Monday, December 24.
- Lisa Marie Presley's Kids in State Custody After Indecent Child Pics Found on Ex's Computer
- Samuel L. Jackson Hints at Nick Fury's Appearance in 'Captain Marvel'
- Aaron Carter Responds to Racism Accusation After Onstage Brawl
- Angelina Jolie Takes Her 6 Kids to Cambodia Amid Brad Pitt Divorce and Custody Drama
- Zoe Saldana Gives Birth to Baby No. 3 With Marco Perego
- Royal Showdown! Kate Middleton Reportedly Feuding With Meghan Markle
- Camila Cabello Is 'Dying' to Enlist Taylor Swift for Debut Solo Album
- Donald Glover to Play Simba in 'The Lion King' Remake