Test Footage for 'Hong Kong Phooey' and 'Marvin the Martian' Unveiled
Test footage for Alex Zamm's "Hong Kong Phooey" and "Marvin the Martian" projects was leaked online amidst presumption that both projects were already shut down by Warner Bros. Pictures. While it's been a long time since fans last heard words on the two films, the footage provides a first look at how Zamm's works will become should the projects are still in development.
The "Hong Kong Phooey" footage sees Penry the dog showing off his martial art skills in front of a non-speaking cat. It then sees a tired joke as the hyperactive dog innocently drinks from a closet and washing his mouth from a urinal. The non-speaking cat looks disgusted while watching the dog in the toilet.
As for the "Marvin" test footage, it sees the titular Martian being wrapped in a present box under a Christmas tree before a boy releases it. Marvin then uses his laser gun to wreak havoc in the boy's house, but instead of getting angry, that young boy thinks it will be interesting to use the alien's power for his own interest.
The "Phooey" project was announced in 2011 with Eddie Murphy being cast to voice the titular dog. Meanwhile, the "Marvin" film was revealed back in 2008 and was originally slated for a December 2011 release. Mike Myers was set to tackle the titular alien in the CGI-live action hybrid movie. Though the studio never officially announced both films were canceled, many people believed they were not destined to hit the big screen.
- Madonna Is 'Getting Serious' With Her New Toy Boy
- Is Angelina Jolie Adopting More Children Following Brad Pitt Divorce?
- Is Kim Kardashian Exiting 'KUWTK' for Politics?
- Rita Ora Releases New Single 'Your Song'
- Beyonce Demands a Silent Birth
- 'Teen Mom' Star Amber Portwood Confirms Sex Tape Negotiations
- Kourtney Kardashian Bares Butt and Sideboob in Another Yacht Date With Younes Bendjima
- NBC Pushes Jennifer Lopez's 'Bye Bye Birdie Live!' to 2018