Test Footage for 'Hong Kong Phooey' and 'Marvin the Martian' Unveiled
Test footage for Alex Zamm's "Hong Kong Phooey" and "Marvin the Martian" projects was leaked online amidst presumption that both projects were already shut down by Warner Bros. Pictures. While it's been a long time since fans last heard words on the two films, the footage provides a first look at how Zamm's works will become should the projects are still in development.
The "Hong Kong Phooey" footage sees Penry the dog showing off his martial art skills in front of a non-speaking cat. It then sees a tired joke as the hyperactive dog innocently drinks from a closet and washing his mouth from a urinal. The non-speaking cat looks disgusted while watching the dog in the toilet.
As for the "Marvin" test footage, it sees the titular Martian being wrapped in a present box under a Christmas tree before a boy releases it. Marvin then uses his laser gun to wreak havoc in the boy's house, but instead of getting angry, that young boy thinks it will be interesting to use the alien's power for his own interest.
The "Phooey" project was announced in 2011 with Eddie Murphy being cast to voice the titular dog. Meanwhile, the "Marvin" film was revealed back in 2008 and was originally slated for a December 2011 release. Mike Myers was set to tackle the titular alien in the CGI-live action hybrid movie. Though the studio never officially announced both films were canceled, many people believed they were not destined to hit the big screen.
- Video Premiere: Hailee Steinfeld's 'Starving' Ft. Zedd
- Brody Jenner Throws Tantrum After Getting Kicked Off Hotel
- Justin Bieber and Beyonce Knowles Lead Nominations for 2016 MTV EMAs
- Watch Katy Perry and Joel McHale Get Arrested for Voting Naked
- 'Stranger Things': Here's What Upside Down Is According to the Child Actors
- Ben Affleck and Jennifer Garner Grab Breakfast Sans Kids Amid Rumor They Call Off Divorce
- Cheryl's Mom Fuels Rumors Singer Is Expecting a Child With Liam Payne
- Lionsgate Is Open for More 'Twilight' Sequels