OneRepublic to Debut 'If I Lose Myself' on New Year's Eve
Pop rock band OneRepublic are set to premiere the first single from their newest album "Native" on "Dick Clark's New Year's Rockin' Eve with Ryan Seacrest" TV special on December 31. Entitled "If I Lose Myself", the song is picked out by the band's friends, neighbors and record executives to be the album's debut track, and signifies a comeback for the Colorado-based band who have not released an album in the last three years.
"We're stoked to actually have this thing come out because we haven't put out an album in three years now and frankly I don't really want to do that again," frontman Ryan Tedder told Billboard. "I think the world's changed, musically and that's like the worst thing you can do as an artist today is to just disappear for three years. To just go away."
Tedder, who has written and produced hits for Adele and Beyonce Knowles, opened up about the group's new approach in recording their latest album. "So our new model is let's always keep a fresh flow of ideas -- and it keeps you inspired and creative. You're constantly pushing yourself to write, to write and to put out new material," he said.
OneRepublic rose to fame via their biggest hit back in 2007 "Apologize", which was actually their first single. Since their formation in 2002, they have released two albums, their debut "Dreaming Out Loud" in 2007 and their sophomore studio set "Waking Up" in 2009, reaching no. 14 and no. 21 respectively in the Billboard 200 charts.
- Kim Kardashian Looks Gloomy During Outing After Paris Robbery
- Brad Pitt's Child Abuse Investigation Extended due to New Key Accusation
- Britney Spears and Tinashe Share Photo From 'Slumber Party' Video Shoot
- Jennifer Lawrence Has Competition! Scarlett Johansson Develops a Zelda Fitzgerald Rival Project
- 'The Punisher' Announces 5 More New Cast Members
- Kristen Stewart Reunites With 'Twilight' Co-Stars at Women in Hollywood Awards
- Len Wiseman Files for Divorce From Kate Beckinsale
- Lady GaGa to Perform at 2016 American Music Awards