David Gregory to Interview President Obama Amid Petition Calling for His Arrest
David Gregory appears to be unfazed by petition seeking arrest on him. The journalist hasn't addressed his controversial move to hold a gun clip on "Meet the Press" and takes to his Twitter account to reveal his guest for the next edition of the show instead.
"Excited to announce that President @BarackObama will be my exclusive guest this Sunday on @meetthepress," so he wrote on Friday, December 28. Gregory is set to visit the White House this Saturday for the interview with the commander-in-chief.
Among the topics to be discussed during the sit-down are fiscal cliff and other second term agenda items. It will be Mr. Obama's 11th appearance on the program, but only his second time as the U.S. President.
Gregory recently landed in hot water for showing a 30-bullet gun magazine on "Meet the Press" during an interview with NRA CEO Wayne LaPierre. A White House petition calling for him to be charged has been launched and reached 12,000 signatures as of press time.
"David Gregory is not above the law; he is a journalist, and must be held accountable to the same law as every other person," the petition reads. "We the People demand that he be formally charged for violation of this law on Meet The Press."
Metropolitan Police Department of D.C. are currently investigating whether he violated any city gun laws.
- Police Found No Evidence of Physical Abuse in Amber Heard's Case
- Phil Lord and Chris Miller's 'Spider-Man' Movie May Feature Miles Morales
- Colton Haynes Bares His Butt in This Racy Instagram Photo
- Heidi Klum Declares She 'Won't Get Married Again'
- Rainn Wilson Says Johnny Depp 'Is a Wife Beater'
- Does Tyga Really Owe Kylie Jenner $2 Million?
- 'Pretty Little Liars' Star Teases Jenna's Return: 'I'm in Most of the Season'
- Victoria's Secret Angels Give Justin Timberlake's 'Can't Stop the Feeling' Hotter Music Video