Madonna Accused by 'Sex and the City' Stylist of Stealing Design of Her 'Vogue' Hat
Madonna is slammed by Patricia Field of being a copycat. The famed award-winning stylist of "Sex and the City", "Ugly Betty" and "The Devil Wears Prada" accuses the Material Girl of making a replica of her "Vogue" hat and selling it for tour merchandise without her consent.
"Our own Patricia Field stylist, Hiraku, designed the snap back and we sell it as a t-shirt, headband and a beanie as well," a post on Patricia's official Tumblr reads. "I don't really have anything else to say but...Madonna is a thief! ... Shame, shame for stealing from those that inspire you!"
A picture of the hat in question was posted along with the complaining open letter. The merchandise was reportedly sold during Madge's performance of her 2012 World Tour to promote her latest album, "MDNA", at Madison Square Garden earlier this year.
There were mixed response to the post. Many sided with the "Like a Virgin" hitmaker, noting that she had, years ago, popularized the Vogue craze with her hit single of the same name. Also, the singer had reportedly sold similar hats during her Blonde Ambition tour in 1990.
More Madonna News
- Kanye West Robbed, Computers Stolen From His Studio
- 'Transformers: The Last Knight' Announces Big Reveal on May 31
- Dwayne Johnson Hints at Darker Hobbs in 'Fast and Furious 8' Image
- Paul Bettany Defends Johnny Depp Amid Amber Heard's Domestic Violence Accusations
- Khloe, Kourtney Kardashian, Tyga Celebrate Scott Disick's Birthday in Vegas
- Kate Beckinsale: Michael Bay Was Baffled Because 'My Boobs Weren't Bigger Than My Head'
- 'Maze Runner 3' Pushed Back to 2018 as Dylan O'Brien Is Still on the Mend After On-Set Accident
- PND Serenades Kylie Jenner After She Called Him Out for Deleting Her on Social Media