Madonna Accused by 'Sex and the City' Stylist of Stealing Design of Her 'Vogue' Hat
Madonna is slammed by Patricia Field of being a copycat. The famed award-winning stylist of "Sex and the City", "Ugly Betty" and "The Devil Wears Prada" accuses the Material Girl of making a replica of her "Vogue" hat and selling it for tour merchandise without her consent.
"Our own Patricia Field stylist, Hiraku, designed the snap back and we sell it as a t-shirt, headband and a beanie as well," a post on Patricia's official Tumblr reads. "I don't really have anything else to say but...Madonna is a thief! ... Shame, shame for stealing from those that inspire you!"
A picture of the hat in question was posted along with the complaining open letter. The merchandise was reportedly sold during Madge's performance of her 2012 World Tour to promote her latest album, "MDNA", at Madison Square Garden earlier this year.
There were mixed response to the post. Many sided with the "Like a Virgin" hitmaker, noting that she had, years ago, popularized the Vogue craze with her hit single of the same name. Also, the singer had reportedly sold similar hats during her Blonde Ambition tour in 1990.
More Madonna News
- Prince's Rep Addresses Jay-Z's Rumored $40 Million Offer for His Unreleased Music
- 'Star Trek: Discovery' Showrunner Bryan Fuller Departs the TV Series
- Kevin Hart Eyed to Play Santa Clause in Disney's 'Dashing Through the Snow'
- Kesha Previews 4 New Songs, Hopes to Release New Album 'Early Next Year'
- Are They Engaged? Khloe Kardashian and Tristan Thompson Flaunt Matching Rings on Instagram
- Michael Phelps Secretly Weds Nicole Johnson
- Amber Tamblyn Expecting Her First Child With David Cross
- Macklemore Fighting His Demons in 'Drug Dealer' Music Video