Madonna Accused by 'Sex and the City' Stylist of Stealing Design of Her 'Vogue' Hat
Madonna is slammed by Patricia Field of being a copycat. The famed award-winning stylist of "Sex and the City", "Ugly Betty" and "The Devil Wears Prada" accuses the Material Girl of making a replica of her "Vogue" hat and selling it for tour merchandise without her consent.
"Our own Patricia Field stylist, Hiraku, designed the snap back and we sell it as a t-shirt, headband and a beanie as well," a post on Patricia's official Tumblr reads. "I don't really have anything else to say but...Madonna is a thief! ... Shame, shame for stealing from those that inspire you!"
A picture of the hat in question was posted along with the complaining open letter. The merchandise was reportedly sold during Madge's performance of her 2012 World Tour to promote her latest album, "MDNA", at Madison Square Garden earlier this year.
There were mixed response to the post. Many sided with the "Like a Virgin" hitmaker, noting that she had, years ago, popularized the Vogue craze with her hit single of the same name. Also, the singer had reportedly sold similar hats during her Blonde Ambition tour in 1990.
More Madonna News
- 'Rogue One' Releases More New Photos. Also Get Detail of Mon Mothma's Bigger Role
- Taylor Swift Flies to U.K. to Meet Tom Hiddleston's Mom. See Picture of Their Happy Outing
- 'Game of Thrones' Season Finale Won't Slow Down the Pace, People Will Die
- Audrina Patridge and Fiance Welcome Baby Girl Kirra Max
- Getting Married? Tyga Calls Kylie Jenner His 'Wifey'
- Christina Aguilera Performs 'Change' on 'Jimmy Kimmel Live!' to Support Orlando
- Justin Bieber's Music Video Vixen Xenia Deli, 26, Marries 62-Year-Old Man in Lavish Wedding
- Mariah Carey Reportedly Wants to Withhold Sex Before Her Wedding