Matt Lauer Still Blamed for Ann Curry's Firing, Up for Public Reconciliation
It's been a half year since Ann Curry was fired from "Today", but people are seemingly still angry at Matt Lauer for causing her departure. NBC sources tell TMZ that the longtime host of the morning program receives constant harassment from people who blame him for Curry's firing.
Words are, people scream things like "You're a bad guy,"and "You got Ann fired. Does that make you happy?" when he walks on the streets of Manhattan. Lauer reportedly feels "miserable" and "abused" over the tirades, believing Curry's exit is not his fault. "It's driving him crazy. He's so unhappy," a source says.
To rebuild his image, Lauer is reportedly up for a public lunch with Curry. Perez Hilton says NBC hopes the reconciliation will mend his persona and consequently help boost the show's ratings.
Back in September, Jim Bell who was an executive producer on "Today" said Lauer shouldn't be blamed for Curry's ouster. "[Lauer] is the host and does not have management responsibility. It was not his call. That was my call," he said at the time, defending the host over reports that he "didn't like working with her."
- Kevin Hart Creates Dimwitted Superhero in First Trailer for 'Captain Underpants'
- Drake Getting Sade's Face Tattooed on His Rib Amid Dating Rumors
- Wiz Khalifa and Juicy J's New Music Video for 'Cell Ready' Is Smoking Hot
- Inside Celine Dion's Diva Behavior on 'The Voice': 'She Was Extremely Entitled'
- Miley Cryrus and Liam Hemsworth Build Playground at Malibu House - Is Baby on the Way?
- 'Spider-Man' Spin-Off About Black Cat and Silver Sable Is in Development
- Taraji P. Henson and 'Empire' Co-Star Nia Long Are Reportedly Feuding on Set, Rep Reacts
- 'Rogue One: A Star Wars Story' Originally Features Jyn Erso's Mother as Jedi Knight