Matt Lauer Still Blamed for Ann Curry's Firing, Up for Public Reconciliation
It's been a half year since Ann Curry was fired from "Today", but people are seemingly still angry at Matt Lauer for causing her departure. NBC sources tell TMZ that the longtime host of the morning program receives constant harassment from people who blame him for Curry's firing.
Words are, people scream things like "You're a bad guy,"and "You got Ann fired. Does that make you happy?" when he walks on the streets of Manhattan. Lauer reportedly feels "miserable" and "abused" over the tirades, believing Curry's exit is not his fault. "It's driving him crazy. He's so unhappy," a source says.
To rebuild his image, Lauer is reportedly up for a public lunch with Curry. Perez Hilton says NBC hopes the reconciliation will mend his persona and consequently help boost the show's ratings.
Back in September, Jim Bell who was an executive producer on "Today" said Lauer shouldn't be blamed for Curry's ouster. "[Lauer] is the host and does not have management responsibility. It was not his call. That was my call," he said at the time, defending the host over reports that he "didn't like working with her."
More Today News
- Kylie Jenner Calls Tyga Her 'Husband' on Snapchat
- Lindsay Lohan Writing Tell-All Book About Her Life
- 'Wreck-It Ralph 2' Gets 2018 Release Date, Hints at Internet Setting
- Rihanna Is Queen of the Universe in 'Sledgehammer' Music Video
- Lady GaGa Responds to Dalai Lama Controversy
- Idris Elba, Michael B. Jordan, John Boyega Join Academy After OscarsSoWhite Backlash
- Louis Tomlinson Files for Joint Custody of His Son With Briana Jungwirth
- Iggy Azalea Addresses Nick Young Baby Rumor, Reveals She Caught Him Cheating on Camera