Matt Lauer Still Blamed for Ann Curry's Firing, Up for Public Reconciliation
It's been a half year since Ann Curry was fired from "Today", but people are seemingly still angry at Matt Lauer for causing her departure. NBC sources tell TMZ that the longtime host of the morning program receives constant harassment from people who blame him for Curry's firing.
Words are, people scream things like "You're a bad guy,"and "You got Ann fired. Does that make you happy?" when he walks on the streets of Manhattan. Lauer reportedly feels "miserable" and "abused" over the tirades, believing Curry's exit is not his fault. "It's driving him crazy. He's so unhappy," a source says.
To rebuild his image, Lauer is reportedly up for a public lunch with Curry. Perez Hilton says NBC hopes the reconciliation will mend his persona and consequently help boost the show's ratings.
Back in September, Jim Bell who was an executive producer on "Today" said Lauer shouldn't be blamed for Curry's ouster. "[Lauer] is the host and does not have management responsibility. It was not his call. That was my call," he said at the time, defending the host over reports that he "didn't like working with her."
More Today News
- Scott Disick Spotted Flirting With Sofia Richie on Yacht in Cannes
- Jaden Smith Accuses Canadian Hotel of Spiking His Food
- Alex Rodriguez Signs Deal With ABC News as Contributor
- Joaquin Phoenix and Diane Kruger Win Best Actor and Actress at Cannes 2017
- Miranda Kerr Marries Snapchat CEO Evan Spiegel in Backyard Ceremony
- 'Logan' Producer Hints at X-23 Solo Movie
- Jamie Foxx Called 'Disrespectful' by Nyle DiMarco for Making Up Sign Language on 'Fallon'
- John Boyega's London Play Cut Short Due to Bomb Threat