Matt Lauer Still Blamed for Ann Curry's Firing, Up for Public Reconciliation
It's been a half year since Ann Curry was fired from "Today", but people are seemingly still angry at Matt Lauer for causing her departure. NBC sources tell TMZ that the longtime host of the morning program receives constant harassment from people who blame him for Curry's firing.
Words are, people scream things like "You're a bad guy,"and "You got Ann fired. Does that make you happy?" when he walks on the streets of Manhattan. Lauer reportedly feels "miserable" and "abused" over the tirades, believing Curry's exit is not his fault. "It's driving him crazy. He's so unhappy," a source says.
To rebuild his image, Lauer is reportedly up for a public lunch with Curry. Perez Hilton says NBC hopes the reconciliation will mend his persona and consequently help boost the show's ratings.
Back in September, Jim Bell who was an executive producer on "Today" said Lauer shouldn't be blamed for Curry's ouster. "[Lauer] is the host and does not have management responsibility. It was not his call. That was my call," he said at the time, defending the host over reports that he "didn't like working with her."
More Today News
- 'Mary Poppins Returns' Gets Christmas Release Date and Official Synopsis
- Khloe Kardashian Cozying Up to Odell Beckham Jr. at Drake's Memorial Day Party
- Keira Knightley Defended by Directors and Fellow Stars After John Carney Trashed Her
- Jena Malone and Boyfriend Welcome Baby Boy - Meet Baby Ode!
- 'Shield' Actor Michael Jace Convicted of Second-Degree Murder for Shooting His Wife
- First Look at Harry, Ginny and Albus in 'Harry Potter and the Cursed Child'
- Mark Salling Fired From 'Gods and Secrets' After Indicted for Child Pornography
- Emilia Clarke Wants to Be the First Female James Bond With This Hunk as Her Bond 'Boy'