'John Dies at the End' Promotes Anti-Piracy in New Trailer
A new unique trailer for "John Dies at the End" has been dropped, giving a strong warning of anti-piracy. Packed with violent-laden scenes, the promo video suggests that anyone who dares to pirate the material will end up getting killed in a gruesome way. "Before pirating JOHN DIES AT THE END be sure to watch the video below as stealing the film could result in severe health issues," so it says in an accompanying note for the trailer.
"Those with an erection lasting over 4 hours after viewing JOHN DIES AT THE END please consult a physician," it continues. "Support independent films. Support something different...all without leaving your home, heck your bed. It's so simple even a meat monster could do it."
The horror comedy movie revolves around a drug that promises an out-of-body experience with each hit. On the street they call it Soy Sauce, and users drift across time and dimensions. However, some who come back are no longer human.
Suddenly a silent otherworldly invasion is underway, and mankind needs a hero. What it gets instead is John and David, a pair of college dropouts who can barely hold down jobs. Can these two stop the oncoming horror in time to save humanity? No. No, they can't.
Premiered at the 2012 Sundance Film Festival to great acclaim, the film is based on the novel by author David Wong. Don Coscarelli serves behind the lens in addition to penning the screenplay. It will hit limited theaters in the U.S. on January 25, 2013.
- Brad Pitt and Angelina Jolie Do Have a Pre-Nup. So, Who's the Big Winner?
- 'Thor: Ragnarok': 'Jurassic Park' Star Sam Neill Reveals His Secret Role
- Lindsay Lohan's Ex Egor Denies He's Broke and Let Her Pay for Everything While Still Dating
- 'Last Man on Earth' Premiere Features Surprise Cameo, Stages Mini 'Mad Men' Reunion
- Blac Chyna's Mom Scolds Rob Kardashian, Fears He Will 'Ruin' Their Relationship
- Drake Depicts Violence, Gets Steamy With a Girl in New 'Please Forgive Me' Short Film
- Kendall and Kylie Jenner Get Matching Ferraris. But Why Is One Sister Left Embarrassed?
- Angelina Jolie Reportedly Turns to Johnny Depp Amid Brad Pitt Divorce