Richard Branson Rewards Kate Winslet With Ticket to Space
For saving his elderly mother from a house fire last year, Kate Winslet was bestowed a trip to the space by Sir Richard Branson. The actress was gifted a ticket worth $200,000 for a journey in his Virgin Galactic shuttle.
Winslet became a hero in August 2011 when she rescued Branson's 90-year-old mother from a burning house at 4 A.M. The private residence on Necker Island in the British Virgin Island was reportedly struck by lightning during a tropical storm. "I'm just so glad that everyone is safe. And this very easily could not have been the case," Winslet said after the incident.
According to the Daily Telegraph, the ticket was also a wedding gift for Winslet who secretly married Branson's nephew Ned Rocknroll earlier this month. The newlyweds will be joined by a number of celebrities who have booked for the two-hour flight such as Ashton Kutcher and Russell Brand.
Branson hopes to start the flights next year. Passengers will have "a brief moment of quiet before a wave of unimaginable but controlled power surges" during the journey. They will also experience weightlessness and see the Earth's curve.
On another news, Winslet is not pregnant despite reports that suggested otherwise. Sources told NY Post that she did not marry Rocknroll because of the reason.
More Kate Winslet News
- Baby Groot Angrily Kills Ravager in New 'Guardians of the Galaxy 2' Teaser
- Shailene Woodley Pleads Guilty to Disorderly Conduct During Pipeline Protest
- Is Chris Brown's New Sex-Drenched Single 'Privacy' to Tempt Rihanna?
- Christina El Moussa Is Dating NHL Star Nate Thompson Amid Divorce From Tarek
- Hugh Grant Dances to Drake's Song in 'Love Actually' Short Film
- Cher's 'Serious Family Issue' Forces Her to Drop Out of Lifetime's Flint Water Crisis Movie
- 'Game of Thrones': Nikolaj Coster-Waldau Teases Big Jaime-Cersei-Brienne Development in Season 7
- Joseph Gordon-Levitt to Direct R-Rated Musical Comedy Co-Starring Channing Tatum