Shakira's Boyfriend Confirms Baby's Birth Is Only a Prank
Shakira was still very much pregnant when her boyfriend Gerard Pique tweeted the news of their son's birth. Pique was simply following a Spanish tradition of Dia de los Inocentes which is equivalent to April Fool's Day.
A lot of sites fell into the prank when Pique wrote on his Twitter and Facebook account Thursday night, December 27, "Ya ha nacido nuestro hijo! Estamos muy felices! Gracias a todos por vuestros mensajes!" which is translated "Our son was born! We're very happy! Thank you all for your messages."
Shakira's representative had denied the birth of the baby, followed by a confirmation from the baby daddy himself. "Ya tiene nombre! Se llama Inocencio! Feliz Dia de los Inocentes a todos!" Pique tweeted half a day later. In English it's roughly translated to "He has a name! His name is Innocent! Happy April Fool's Day to all!"
Shakira has not revealed when the baby is due. She announced the pregnancy in September and rumor has it, she will give birth in mid January. The singer was seen with the baby bump two weeks ago while she was heading to a recording studio in Barcelona. She will release her new album after the birth of the baby because she will need to tour.
More Shakira News
- Mariah Carey Not Too Keen on Comparison Between Her Alter Ego Bianca and Beyonce's Sasha Fierce
- Mark Wahlberg Criticizes Fellow Celebs Who Talk About Politics
- Kanye West and Kim Kardashian Live Under Different Roofs After He's Released From Hospital
- Jeremih Allegedly Sends a Body Double to Perform for Him in Houston
- Twitter Trolls Respond to Amy Schumer's 'Barbie' Casting With Fat-Shaming Comments
- Kylie Jenner Braves the Cold Weather in Racy Bikini in These Pics
- Naked Jai Courtney Chased 'Suicide Squad' Director Around on Set. See the NSFW Photo!
- Robert Pattinson Is Proud of Kristen Stewart and Is 'Super Impressed' With Her Rolling Stones Video