Shakira's Boyfriend Confirms Baby's Birth Is Only a Prank
Shakira was still very much pregnant when her boyfriend Gerard Pique tweeted the news of their son's birth. Pique was simply following a Spanish tradition of Dia de los Inocentes which is equivalent to April Fool's Day.
A lot of sites fell into the prank when Pique wrote on his Twitter and Facebook account Thursday night, December 27, "Ya ha nacido nuestro hijo! Estamos muy felices! Gracias a todos por vuestros mensajes!" which is translated "Our son was born! We're very happy! Thank you all for your messages."
Shakira's representative had denied the birth of the baby, followed by a confirmation from the baby daddy himself. "Ya tiene nombre! Se llama Inocencio! Feliz Dia de los Inocentes a todos!" Pique tweeted half a day later. In English it's roughly translated to "He has a name! His name is Innocent! Happy April Fool's Day to all!"
Shakira has not revealed when the baby is due. She announced the pregnancy in September and rumor has it, she will give birth in mid January. The singer was seen with the baby bump two weeks ago while she was heading to a recording studio in Barcelona. She will release her new album after the birth of the baby because she will need to tour.
- Louis Tomlinson Files for Joint Custody of His Son With Briana Jungwirth
- Iggy Azalea Addresses Nick Young Baby Rumor, Reveals She Caught Him Cheating on Camera
- 'Ghostbusters' Cast Show Off the New Gadgets in Latest Featurette
- HBO Officially Confirms Jon Snow's True Parentage With This 'Game of Thrones' Infographic
- New 'Star Trek Beyond' Character Poster Shows Jaylah on Cap's Chair
- Lady GaGa and Taylor Kinney's Wedding Plan Reportedly Shelved Because of This
- Taylor Swift and Tom Hiddleston Make Out in Rome, Fans Say Their Romance Is 'Staged'
- Watch James Van Der Beek Channel Diplo to Promote Mad Decent Block Party