Shakira's Boyfriend Confirms Baby's Birth Is Only a Prank
Shakira was still very much pregnant when her boyfriend Gerard Pique tweeted the news of their son's birth. Pique was simply following a Spanish tradition of Dia de los Inocentes which is equivalent to April Fool's Day.
A lot of sites fell into the prank when Pique wrote on his Twitter and Facebook account Thursday night, December 27, "Ya ha nacido nuestro hijo! Estamos muy felices! Gracias a todos por vuestros mensajes!" which is translated "Our son was born! We're very happy! Thank you all for your messages."
Shakira's representative had denied the birth of the baby, followed by a confirmation from the baby daddy himself. "Ya tiene nombre! Se llama Inocencio! Feliz Dia de los Inocentes a todos!" Pique tweeted half a day later. In English it's roughly translated to "He has a name! His name is Innocent! Happy April Fool's Day to all!"
Shakira has not revealed when the baby is due. She announced the pregnancy in September and rumor has it, she will give birth in mid January. The singer was seen with the baby bump two weeks ago while she was heading to a recording studio in Barcelona. She will release her new album after the birth of the baby because she will need to tour.
More Shakira News
- Pro Dancers of 'Dancing with the Stars' Season 23 Revealed
- Meek Mill Infuriated Drake After He Tried to Block Canadian Rapper From Partying in Philly
- Vin Diesel Thinks The Rock 'Shined' Amid 'Fast and Furious 8' On-Set Beef
- Is He Sorry? Justin Bieber Reunites With Sofia Richie Ahead of Her 18th Birthday
- Stephen Colbert Mocks Ryan Lochte's Robbery Claims, Spoofs His Interview With Matt Lauer
- Watch Helen Mirren Perfectly Handle a Sexist Interviewer 40 Years Ago
- Early Concept Art of 'Captain America: Civil War' Sees Ant-Man Fighting the Cap
- James Harden's Signature Shoes Are So Bad That People Make Fun of Them. Read the Funny Ones