Quentin Tarantino Reveals 'Inglourious Basterds' Spin-Off Plot
Now that his latest movie "Django Unchained" is out in theaters, Quentin Tarantino is free to talk about his next project. In an interview with The Root, the director discussed his plan on making "the third of the trilogy" that toy with the world's history and it would be connected to his 2009 movie "Inglourious Basterds".
"I don't know exactly when I'm going to do it, but there's something about this that would suggest a trilogy. My original idea for Inglourious Basterds way back when was that this [would be] a huge story that included the [smaller] story that you saw in the film, but also followed a bunch of black troops, and they had been f**ked over by the American military and kind of go apes**t," Tarantino said elaborately.
The film, titled "Killer Crow", will be set in 1944 after the invasion of Normandy. Tarantino continued, "They basically - the way Lt. Aldo Raine (Brad Pitt) and the Basterds are having an 'Apache resistance' - [the] black troops go on an Apache warpath and kill a bunch of white soldiers and white officers on a military base and are just making a warpath to Switzerland."
The director revealed that he initially wanted to do it as miniseries. "When I decided to try to turn it into a movie, that was a section I had to take out to help tame my material. I have most of that written. It's ready to go; I just have to write the second half of it," he said.
If indeed "Killer Crow" is made, then it is most likely to get a support from Pitt. Back in 2009, the actor who plays Lt. Aldo Raine in "Basterds" said that he was eager to work on another installment of the drama. "All the time, Brad says, 'Prequel, prequel!' All the basterds would jump on it in a second," co-star Eli Roth said, adding everybody would jump at the chance of working with Tarantino again.
- Justin Bieber Exposes His Upper Thighs During Outing
- Ashton Kutcher and Mila Kunis Name Newborn Baby Boy Dimitri
- John Cena and Casey Affleck Tapped to Host 'SNL'
- Anna Faris Admits She Felt 'Insecure' and 'So Hurt' Over Chris Pratt Cheating Rumors
- Amy Schumer to Play Lead Role in 'Barbie' Live-Action Movie
- Megyn Kelly Courted by CNN for 8 or 9 P.M. Time Slots
- Check Out First Look at Anne Hathaway on Set of 'Ocean's Eight'
- 'Full House' Creator Buys Original Tanner House in San Francisco for $4M