Skrillex, Afrojack and Other EDM Artists to Welcome 2013 With a Bang
The U.S. will be welcoming 2013 with a bang as most major cities will be ringing in the New Year with a host of electronic dance music performances, with a selection of powerhouse DJs headlining the new year parties. Some of the key cities that will feature EDM's cream of the crop are New York City, Las Vegas, Miami, Chicago, Detroit, Los Angeles and San Francisco.
Skrillex will lead the new year celebration in Detroit, doing a "Dog Blood" collaboration with Boys Noize, while Dutch music producer and DJ Afrojack hosts the NYC festivities along with Armin van Buuren, Dada Life, Moby, RJD2 and Pretty Lights. Over in Miami, Kaskade, Calvin Harris, DJ Tiesto and Steve Angello will party until the NYC ball drops.
L.A. will be hosting the White Wonderland Festival, while over at Chicago, fans will most likely hear Beatport's current No. 1 collaboration "Easy" when Porter Robinson and Mat Zo play together from the Congress Theatre.
A genre that was barely known about three years ago, electronic dance music has come to the forefront of American music. Who would have thought that EDM acts will get to perform to sold-out crowds at Madison Square Garden and that DJs will be winning Grammy Awards. With the advent of electronic dance music, DJ Avicii now gets to tour with pop icon Madonna, and DeadMau5 performed at the MTV Video Music Awards.
- Lady GaGa Annoyed by Traffic in 'Carpool Karaoke'. Get the Sneak Peek!
- Ryan Lochte Celebrates His Dog's 8th Birthday for Three Consecutive Years
- Rihanna Asks for Help to Find Her Missing Backup Dancer Shirlene Quigley
- Report: Britney Spears Is Filming 'Slumber Party' Music Video
- 'The Walking Dead' Alternate Take on Negan Kills Leaks Online
- Michael Fassbender Reveals New Name of Xenomorphs in 'Alien: Covenant', New Details Leak
- Kim Kardashian Drops Lawsuit After Tabloid Apologizes for Fake Robbery Claims
- Pharrell Releases Two New Songs From 'Hidden Figures' Soundtrack