Skrillex, Afrojack and Other EDM Artists to Welcome 2013 With a Bang
The U.S. will be welcoming 2013 with a bang as most major cities will be ringing in the New Year with a host of electronic dance music performances, with a selection of powerhouse DJs headlining the new year parties. Some of the key cities that will feature EDM's cream of the crop are New York City, Las Vegas, Miami, Chicago, Detroit, Los Angeles and San Francisco.
Skrillex will lead the new year celebration in Detroit, doing a "Dog Blood" collaboration with Boys Noize, while Dutch music producer and DJ Afrojack hosts the NYC festivities along with Armin van Buuren, Dada Life, Moby, RJD2 and Pretty Lights. Over in Miami, Kaskade, Calvin Harris, DJ Tiesto and Steve Angello will party until the NYC ball drops.
L.A. will be hosting the White Wonderland Festival, while over at Chicago, fans will most likely hear Beatport's current No. 1 collaboration "Easy" when Porter Robinson and Mat Zo play together from the Congress Theatre.
A genre that was barely known about three years ago, electronic dance music has come to the forefront of American music. Who would have thought that EDM acts will get to perform to sold-out crowds at Madison Square Garden and that DJs will be winning Grammy Awards. With the advent of electronic dance music, DJ Avicii now gets to tour with pop icon Madonna, and DeadMau5 performed at the MTV Video Music Awards.
- 'Supernatural' Casts David Haydn-Jones as a Mysterious Character
- Lin-Manuel Miranda Releases Tribute Rap for 'The West Wing'
- Kim Kardashian, Kylie and Kendall Jenner Dolled Up for 'Ocean's Eight' Cameo Filming
- Amanda Seyfried Dishes on Upcoming Low-Key Wedding to Thomas Sadoski
- Harley Quinn Might Appear on 'Gotham' Earlier Than Expected
- Soulja Boy Takes a Shot at Chris Brown, 50 Cent, Mike Tyson on New Song 'Stop Playing with Me'
- Is Tina Fey Making 'Mean Girls 2' Without Lindsay Lohan?
- Lady GaGa Builds a Dance Floor in Her Backyard, Shares Crazy Idea for Super Bowl Performance