First Images of Danny Boyle's Thriller Film 'Trance'
English film director and auteur Danny Boyle, who brought Award-winning film "Slumdog Millionaire", has given a sneak peek at his new thriller movie, "Trance". The images, which make their way out via USA Today, give first look at Rosario Dawson as the movie heroine Elizabeth, James McAvoy as Simon, and Vincent Cassel as Franck.
"Trance", which marks Boyle's first movie that has a female hero, is all about an art heist gone wrong. Dawson plays the hypnotherapist, Elizabeth, who desperately tries to bring back the memory of art gallery auctioneer Simon. Simon suffers from amnesia after getting a huge blow on his head and forgets where the priceless painting of Goya's "Witches in the Air" is stored.
As Boyle told USA Today, "I wanted to do an updated noir, give it a contemporary spin in terms of emotion." The "Trainspotting" director continued, "Noir is usually cold. I wanted it to be more emotionally charged. It's the first time I put a woman at the heart of a movie."
The new heist thriller, which is inspired by Joe Ahearne's 2001 TV movie, reunites Boyle and screenwriter John Hodge. Hodge also worked on 1996 "Trainspotting" and 1994's "Shallow Grave". The new movie project also brings the director back to London after he shot "28 Days Later" in 2002.
"Trance" is slated to open in the U.K. on March 27, 2013. There is no exact release date for the movie Stateside.
- Lisa Marie Presley's Kids in State Custody After Indecent Child Pics Found on Ex's Computer
- Samuel L. Jackson Hints at Nick Fury's Appearance in 'Captain Marvel'
- Aaron Carter Responds to Racism Accusation After Onstage Brawl
- Angelina Jolie Takes Her 6 Kids to Cambodia Amid Brad Pitt Divorce and Custody Drama
- Zoe Saldana Gives Birth to Baby No. 3 With Marco Perego
- Royal Showdown! Kate Middleton Reportedly Feuding With Meghan Markle
- Camila Cabello Is 'Dying' to Enlist Taylor Swift for Debut Solo Album
- Donald Glover to Play Simba in 'The Lion King' Remake