'Lincoln' Dominates Nominations of Vancouver Film Critics Circle Awards
The Vancouver Film Critics Circle has just announced the nominees for its 13th annual awards to be held on January 7, 2013 in Vancouver, Canada. Leading the nominations is Steven Spielberg's "Lincoln", which gets 5 nods from the VFCC, including Best Picture, Best Director for Spielberg, and Best Actor nomination for its lead, Academy Award-winning actor Daniel Day-Lewis.
The fourth nomination for "Lincoln" comes by way of another acting commendation, the Best Supporting Actor nod for Tommy Lee Jones. Lastly, Tony Kushner gets a Best Screenplay nomination for writing the drama about the 16th U.S. president.
"Lincoln" faces off action-thriller "Zero Dark Thirty" and "The Master", a movie about a World War II veteran's struggle to adjust to a post-war society, for the Best Film gong. For the Best Director honor, Spielberg is pitted against Kathryn Bigelow ("Zero Dark Thirty") and Ang Li ("Life of Pi"). Daniel Day-Lewis goes head to head with Joaquin Phoenix ("The Master") and John Hawkes ("The Sessions") for the Best Actor trophy.
Academy Award-winning thespian Philip Seymour Hoffman ("The Master") will go against Tommy Lee Jones for the Best Supporting Actor title, along with Christoph Waltz for his supporting role in the Quentin Tarantino western pic "Django Unchained", which is also nominated for Best Screenplay, together with "Lincoln" and "Zero Dark Thirty".
Anne Hathaway appears in the Best Supporting Actress category for her moving performance in "Les Miserables". The VFCC will also hand out awards for Best Foreign Film, Best Canadian Film and Best British Columbia Film, as well as the Ian Cadell Award for Achievement.
Nominations for the 13th Annual Vancouver Film Critics Circle Awards:
- Jessica Chastain, "Zero Dark Thirty"
- Marion Cotillard, "Rust and Bone"
- Jennifer Lawrence, "Silver Linings Playbook"
- Robert Pattinson, "Cosmopolis"
- Melvil Poupaud, "Laurence Anyways"
- Michael Rogers, "Beyond the Black Rainbow"
- Suzanne Clement, "Laurence Anyways"
- Stephanie Lapointe, "Liverpool"
- Rachel Mwanza, "Rebelle"
- Panos Cosmatos, "Beyond the Black Rainbow"
- David Cronenberg, "Cosmopolis"
- Sarah Polley, "Stories We Tell"
- "The End of Time"
- "Stories We Tell"
- "The World Before Her"
- "Becoming Redwood"
- "Beyond the Black Rainbow"
- "Camera Shy"
- "Random Acts of Romance"
More Lincoln News
- Get a Look at Intriguing New Footage of 'King Arthur: Legend of the Sword'
- Nicole Scherzinger Flashes Ample Cleavage and Toned Abs for New Ad
- Kurt Sutter Reveals The Mayans Originally Didn't Exist in 'Sons of Anarchy'
- Colton Haynes Introduces New Boyfriend Jeff Leatham
- First Look at Kurt Russell as Ego the Living Planet in 'Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2'
- Here's the First Look of Shocker's Costume in 'Spider-Man: Homecoming'
- Watch John Legend's Show-Stopping Performance at NBA All-Star Game 2017 Halftime Show
- Madonna's Malawi Twins' Father Says He Didn't Realize the Adoption Was Permanent