Tate Stevens Replaces Phillip Phillips on FOX's New Year Special
Earlier this month, FOX had announced that "American Idol" winner Phillip Phillips was part of the line-up of artists who would perform onstage during their 90-minute "New Year's Eve Live!" special to be broadcast direct from the Mandalay Bay Resort & Casino in Las Vegas. However, apparently due to conflicts in his schedule, FOX confirms that he will no longer be part of the TV special, and will be replaced by the recently-crowned "The X Factor (US)" grand winner, Tate Stevens.
Both artists are winners of highly-rating TV reality singing competition shows. Phillips won season 11 of "American Idol" this year, while 37-year-old country crooner Stevens just, last December 18, won season 2 of the US edition of "The X Factor". Once a road worker before joining "The X Factor", Stevens was mentored by songwriter and record producer L.A. Reid en route to winning the $5 million recording deal with Sony Music.
Comedian Marlon Wayans will host the show executive produced by Bob Bain, produced by Paul Flattery and directed by Michael Dempsey. He is expected to promote his new movie opening on January 11, 2013, "A Haunted House", during the telecast. He also performs with brother and fellow actor Shawn Wayans in their self-titled comedy show at the Orleans Showroom in Vegas from December 29-30.
FOX's "New Year's Eve Live!" airs Monday, December 31 (11:00 P.M.-12:30 A.M. ET live; CT/MT/PT tape-delayed). Rock group Lifehouse and Carmen Electra will perform. It will also feature the world-famous New Year's Eve Ball at New York's Times Square.
- 'Avengers' Helmer Joss Whedon to Direct, Write and Produce 'Batgirl'
- Beyonce Is Making $500K Nursery for Her Unborn Twins
- Mariah Carey Is Spending Too Much Money on Toyboy Bryan Tanaka
- Amber Rose Is Joining Secret Online Dating App
- 'Annabelle' Sequel Gets New Title
- Kim Kardashian Doesn't Want Her Daughter North West to Be Managed by Kris Jenner
- Anne Hathaway's Dress at 'Colossal' Premiere Is So Awkward She Couldn't Sit in It
- Jeremy Renner's Hawkeye May Appear in 'Ant-Man and the Wasp'