Shakira and Gerard Pique Welcome a Baby Boy
Shakira, 35, is a first-time mom to a baby boy. The arrival of the bundle of joy was confirmed by her 25-year-old boyfriend, center back of FC Barcelona Gerard Pique, on Twitter and Facebook Thursday night, December 27.
"Ya ha nacido nuestro hijo! Estamos muy felices! Gracias a todos por vuestros mensajes!" the proud baby daddy tweeted in Spanish. The English translation is "Our son [is] already born! We are very happy! Thank you all for your messages!"
Shakira revealed her pregnancy last September when announcing the cancellation of a Las Vegas gig, and later revealed the gender of the baby. "I could have another 9 months like this!" she once posted a picture of her cuddling with Gerard and showing off her baby bump.
The new mom will be quite busy next year. She will fill in the vacant spot left by Christina Aguilera in the Spring cycle of "The Voice" and is also expected to release a new album. "The album will be released after the baby is born because she'd need to go on tour and she can't do that now," Gerard once said.
Before dating Gerard, Shakira was in a longtime relationship with Antonio de la Rua. They split in 2011 after 11 years together, but continued their professional relationship as a business partner. Their partnership was broken when they sued each other earlier this year.
- Celine Dion, J.Lo, Mariah Carey and Backstreet Boys Will Not Cancel Vegas Shows Despite ISIS Threat
- Kendall Jenner and A$AP Rocky Enjoy Night Out in Cannes
- Kourtney Kardashian and Younes Bendjima Enjoying 'Wild Sex' in Cannes
- Mariah Carey Is Slammed by Co-Star for Alleged 'Bananas' Behaviour on 'The House' Filming Set
- Super Junior's Kyuhyun Begins Mandatory Military Service
- Report: Chris Pratt and Anna Faris Expecting Second Child
- Get a Look at Various Aliens and Creatures in Stunning 'Valerian' Final Trailer
- Katy Perry Unfollows Migos on Instagram After Backlash Over Homophobia