Shakira and Gerard Pique Welcome a Baby Boy
Shakira, 35, is a first-time mom to a baby boy. The arrival of the bundle of joy was confirmed by her 25-year-old boyfriend, center back of FC Barcelona Gerard Pique, on Twitter and Facebook Thursday night, December 27.
"Ya ha nacido nuestro hijo! Estamos muy felices! Gracias a todos por vuestros mensajes!" the proud baby daddy tweeted in Spanish. The English translation is "Our son [is] already born! We are very happy! Thank you all for your messages!"
Shakira revealed her pregnancy last September when announcing the cancellation of a Las Vegas gig, and later revealed the gender of the baby. "I could have another 9 months like this!" she once posted a picture of her cuddling with Gerard and showing off her baby bump.
The new mom will be quite busy next year. She will fill in the vacant spot left by Christina Aguilera in the Spring cycle of "The Voice" and is also expected to release a new album. "The album will be released after the baby is born because she'd need to go on tour and she can't do that now," Gerard once said.
Before dating Gerard, Shakira was in a longtime relationship with Antonio de la Rua. They split in 2011 after 11 years together, but continued their professional relationship as a business partner. Their partnership was broken when they sued each other earlier this year.
- 'Ghostbusters' Cast Show Off the New Gadgets in Latest Featurette
- HBO Officially Confirms Jon Snow's True Parentage With This 'Game of Thrones' Infographic
- New 'Star Trek Beyond' Character Poster Shows Jaylah on Cap's Chair
- Lady GaGa and Taylor Kinney's Wedding Plan Reportedly Shelved Because of This
- Taylor Swift and Tom Hiddleston Make Out in Rome, Fans Say Their Romance Is 'Staged'
- Watch James Van Der Beek Channel Diplo to Promote Mad Decent Block Party
- Jessica Simpson Reportedly Hires 'Homely' Nannies Because She Fears Her Husband Will Cheat on Her
- Your Favorite 'Nashville' Stars Are Returning for Season 5. Find Out Which Ones