Christopher Federline Lawsuit Against Britney Spears Is a Hoax
Shortly after story about love triangle between Kevin Federline, Britney Spears and his brother Christopher was picked up by various media outlets following a lawsuit purportedly filed by Chris, it's revealed that the whole thing is made up. The legal papers were filed by an unrelated felon named Jonathan Lee Riches.
The Smoking Gun reported the culprit was a serial litigator who has filed an array of frivolous lawsuits involving public figures like Justin Bieber and Brad Pitt. The 35-year-old also recently posed as the uncle of Adam Lanza, the gunman in Sandy Hook Elementary School shooting. He was taken back to jail for probation violations.
Riches fooled many when he filed a lawsuit against Bieber, posing as Selena Gomez's father and accusing the Canadian singer of borrowing money for abortion and stealing for "penis enlargement." He once also filed legal papers under the name Jonathan Jolie, making up story about being assaulted by Angelina Jolie's fiance.
In the Spears lawsuit, Riches created a tale about the Southern Belle stealing his credit card to buy $4,569 worth of comic books for her sons, Sean and Jayden. Posing as Kevin's brother, he said in the lawsuit that the mother of two blackmailed him and threatened to reveal their secret affair to public when he tried to confront her.
"I'm the true father of Sean Preston, not Kevin," he stated. "I do confess I slept with Britney, and I am the true father, but the public does not need to know. I seek a restraining order from Britney Spears. She is out of control and a maniac."
More Britney Spears News
- 'DWTS' Pro Peta Murgatroyd and Maksim Chmerkovskiy Expecting First Child, but Something Upset Them
- Ben Affleck Gives Jennifer Garner 11-Carat Diamond Ahead of Their Anniversary - Is It True?
- Iggy Azalea Teases Collaboration With Zedd After Pushing Back Her Album's Release
- Kanye West Ready to Take Legal Action if Sex Tapes Leak
- Yikes! Kendall and Kylie Jenner Reportedly in 'Bizarre Love Triangle' With Scott Disick
- New 'Luke Cage' Set Photos Reveal Villain Diamondback
- Tom Hanks and Rita Wilson's Marriage Reportedly Crumbles. Here's the Truth
- Prince Hated the Idea of Appearing in a Music Video With Madonna