May 24, 2016  

NBC Officially Shuts Down 'The Munster' Reboot

December 28, 2012 (3:28 am) GMT
The network passes on 'Mockingbird Lane' as creator Bryan Fuller tweets, 'NBC not moving forward with #MockingbirdLane.'

"" is officially dead on NBC. Following months of speculations that the network passes on the project, writer Bryan Fuller confirmed it on Thursday, December 27 as posting on his Twitter page, "I tweet with a heavy heart. NBC not moving forward with #MockingbirdLane. From producers and cast, thank you all for enthusiasm and support."

Set to serve as a reboot to 1960s' "The Munsters", the fantasy comedy had , , and Mason Cook in its cast ensemble. The production faced a setback earlier this year due to casting issue before the principal photography finally took place in summer.

After reports spread that NBC would not pick "Mockingbird Lane" up to series, its pilot aired October 26 as a Halloween special on the network. It drew 5.4 million total viewers and a 1.5 rating in adults 18-49 demo, marking NBC's best demo performance in the time period in two years.

TODAY'S HEADLINES

  1. Priyanka Chopra Throws Her Hat Into the Ring to Be Female James Bond
  2. Listen to a Preview of Shawn Mendes' New Song 'Better'
  3. Elijah Wood Clarifies Comment on Child Sex Abuse in Hollywood, Says It's Misinterpreted
  4. 'Pretty Little Liars' Boss Confirms Someone's Getting Married in Season 7
  5. Anne Hathaway Throws Shade at the Kardashians, Says It's Unintentional
  6. Eminem Sells Bricks of His Childhood Home for 'Marshall Mathers LP' Anniversary
  7. Did Jennifer Lawrence Just Say She Was Under the Influence While Filming 'The Hunger Games'?
  8. Helen Hunt Mistaken for Jodie Foster by Starbucks Barista. Read the Funny Story