Taylor Swift Trespasser Escapes Criminal Charges but Faces Extradition
Taylor Swift's camp didn't seem to see Jacob Kulke, who's caught red handed attempting to break into her home in Nashville, Tennessee, as a threat. They have talked to his lawyer Sean McKinney on Thursday, December 27 and agreed not to press charges.
Sean said Jacob meant no harm and was under impression that it was OK to go onto the property because there wasn't "No Trespassing" sign. The lawyer also claimed his client was tricked by someone into believing that he's communicating with the singer via a social media.
However, prosecutors still could reopen the case if new evidence or information is found in the 12 months to come. Regardless, "he is delighted," Jacob's attorney said. "He wanted to prove that he didn't trespass and he is thrilled," the lawyer added. "He is still a big fan of Taylor Swift."
Although the trespassing incident has been resolved out of court, 24-year-old Jacob remains in jail as he's facing extradition to Colorado for probation violations including robbery back in his home state. He's scheduled to appear in court on January 29.
Jacob was taken into police custody earlier this month for trying to climb over the fence of Taylor's house. He told cops he's her boyfriend and had taken a bus from Wisconsin to be with her on her 23rd birthday. She herself was miles away with her real boyfriend, Harry Styles, in U.K. back then.
More Taylor Swift News
- New Couple Alert! Bow Wow Reportedly Dating This Blonde Reality Star
- The First Heart-Wrenching Trailer of 'Wonder' Sees Julia Roberts, Owen Wilson and Jacob Tremblay
- Chris Cornell's Wife Pens Letter to Late Singer: 'I Will Stand Up for You'
- Gucci Mane Shares 'Drop Top Wop' Release Date and Track List, Premieres New Video 'Hurt Feelings'
- Odell Beckham Jr. and Iggy Azalea Are Cozying Up in Romantic Bowling Date
- Kim Kardashian Posts Sweet Tribute to 'Best Husband' Kanye West on 3-Year Anniversary
- 'John Wick 3' Script Is Being Written, Filming May Begin Later This Year
- Florida Georgia Line to Perform With The Chainsmokers at the 2017 CMT Music Awards