Meek Mill Fires Back at Cassidy With New Track 'Repo'
The hard-hittin' rhymes between Philadelphia rappers Meek Mill and Cassidy continue to heat up as they release their own versions of diss songs for each other. After Cassidy dropped his "Me, Myself & iPhone" on Saturday, Mill fires back with the new track "Repo", which he released on Wednesday, December 26.
The two emcees, who have been locked in this word war for a few days now, kept throwing their ire at each other via their powerful raps and messages. The "Dreams and Nightmares" artist went to his Twitter and wrote the taunting message, "The funeral starts at 9:30 PM tonight, final viewing tonight," as he premiered "Repo" online.
The new five-minute diss track also gives a run down of Mill's 2011-2012 lineup of hit records and successful guest appearances and collaborations with other music artists. It then paints a very sharp contrast between his career and that of Cass' as the lyrics go on to mention the "C.A.S.H." rapper's legal troubles, failed records and repossessed car.
Mill, 25, also used Instagram and released photoshopped pictures of 30-year-old Cassidy including one where he was in an embarrassing situation trying to pry a boot off a Bentley. Another photo was of Cassidy inside a casket with Rick Ross and Meek looking on. Cassidy, who obviously would not take things sitting down, reacted by stating, "Where's the funeral? He expected to kill me with that 5 [minute] bulls**t song? Not one quotable bar. They need to repo his rap book."
Meek Mill's "Repo":
More Meek Mill News
- Ashton Kutcher and Mila Kunis Name Newborn Baby Boy Dimitri
- John Cena and Casey Affleck Tapped to Host 'SNL'
- Anna Faris Admits She Felt 'Insecure' and 'So Hurt' Over Chris Pratt Cheating Rumors
- Amy Schumer to Play Lead Role in 'Barbie' Live-Action Movie
- Megyn Kelly Courted by CNN for 8 or 9 P.M. Time Slots
- Check Out First Look at Anne Hathaway on Set of 'Ocean's Eight'
- 'Full House' Creator Buys Original Tanner House in San Francisco for $4M
- Mandy Moore Talks About Her Lesbian Mother and Gay Brothers