Meek Mill Fires Back at Cassidy With New Track 'Repo'
The hard-hittin' rhymes between Philadelphia rappers Meek Mill and Cassidy continue to heat up as they release their own versions of diss songs for each other. After Cassidy dropped his "Me, Myself & iPhone" on Saturday, Mill fires back with the new track "Repo", which he released on Wednesday, December 26.
The two emcees, who have been locked in this word war for a few days now, kept throwing their ire at each other via their powerful raps and messages. The "Dreams and Nightmares" artist went to his Twitter and wrote the taunting message, "The funeral starts at 9:30 PM tonight, final viewing tonight," as he premiered "Repo" online.
The new five-minute diss track also gives a run down of Mill's 2011-2012 lineup of hit records and successful guest appearances and collaborations with other music artists. It then paints a very sharp contrast between his career and that of Cass' as the lyrics go on to mention the "C.A.S.H." rapper's legal troubles, failed records and repossessed car.
Mill, 25, also used Instagram and released photoshopped pictures of 30-year-old Cassidy including one where he was in an embarrassing situation trying to pry a boot off a Bentley. Another photo was of Cassidy inside a casket with Rick Ross and Meek looking on. Cassidy, who obviously would not take things sitting down, reacted by stating, "Where's the funeral? He expected to kill me with that 5 [minute] bulls**t song? Not one quotable bar. They need to repo his rap book."
Meek Mill's "Repo":
More Meek Mill News
- Chris Hemsworth Shoots Down Split Reports With Cheeky Instagram Post
- Kim Kardashian Said She Could 'Handle' Social Media Days Before She Got Robbed
- Artist of the Week: Bruno Mars
- 'The Walking Dead' Star on Daryl's Part in the Latest Death: 'It Weighs Heavily on Him'
- 'Han Solo' Movie May Reveal How the Iconic Smuggler Won the Millenium Falcon
- Taylor Swift Details Alleged Groping in Deposition: I Felt 'Distressed' and 'Violated'
- Bow Wow Announces Joint Album With Soulja Boy 'Ignorant S**t' Ahead of Retirement
- 'Westworld' Star Responds to the Man in Black Theories