Drake Wants to Get Paid for YOLO Merchandise
YOLO acronym that Drake helped popularize has become so famous that it appears on many merchandises in stores across the country, but it didn't seem to make him happy. The rapper took to Instagram to share his feeling about the matter.
"Walgreens....you gotta either chill or cut the cheque," Drizzy tweeted a caption in a picture that shows many YOLO baseball caps displayed in the store. "Macy's...same goes for you," the Canadian rhymer added in another image that features a YOLO t-shirt put on sale.
YOLO stands for "You Only Live Once". The tagline has been around for a long time since Mae West's era, but became more popular after Drake includes a rap line, "You only live once, that's the motto n***a YOLO," in his song "The Motto" that features Lil Wayne.
According to Gawker, the "Marvin's Room" crooner may have hard time to trademark YOLO because there have been more than 100 applications to copyright it for use on a number of different items.
More Drake News
- Angelina Jolie Reportedly Wants to Adopt Baby With British Boyfriend
- Back at It! Natalie Portman Returns to Work After Giving Birth to Daughter Amalia
- Cara Delevingne Sports Bald Head on 'Life in a Year' Filming Set
- Elton John Cancels Entire Las Vegas Shows Due to 'Unusual Bacterial Infection'
- Finding 'Comfort,' Brad Pitt Plans to Buy New Place in L.A. Arts District After Angelina Jolie Split
- 'Grey's Anatomy' Star Jesse Williams and Wife Split After Nearly 5 Years of Marriage
- Hollywood Writers Authorize a Strike. Will It Repeat the 2007 WGA Strike?
- Ben Affleck Steps Out for First Time Since Filing for Divorce From Jennifer Garner