Drake Wants to Get Paid for YOLO Merchandise
YOLO acronym that Drake helped popularize has become so famous that it appears on many merchandises in stores across the country, but it didn't seem to make him happy. The rapper took to Instagram to share his feeling about the matter.
"Walgreens....you gotta either chill or cut the cheque," Drizzy tweeted a caption in a picture that shows many YOLO baseball caps displayed in the store. "Macy's...same goes for you," the Canadian rhymer added in another image that features a YOLO t-shirt put on sale.
YOLO stands for "You Only Live Once". The tagline has been around for a long time since Mae West's era, but became more popular after Drake includes a rap line, "You only live once, that's the motto n***a YOLO," in his song "The Motto" that features Lil Wayne.
According to Gawker, the "Marvin's Room" crooner may have hard time to trademark YOLO because there have been more than 100 applications to copyright it for use on a number of different items.
More Drake News
- Jamie Bell in Talks to Be the New James Bond
- First Look at Katherine Waterston's Daniels in 'Alien: Covenant' Image
- Kim Kardashian and Kanye West Plan $10M Lawsuit to Silence Former Bodyguard
- Justin Bieber Spotted on Dinner Date With Nicola Peltz
- Take a Peek at Gwen Stefani's 'Misery' Music Video in This Teaser
- Miranda Lambert Closes Her Boutique, Sells Building to Ex-Husband Blake Shelton
- 'DWTS' Pro Peta Murgatroyd and Maksim Chmerkovskiy Expecting First Child, but Something Upset Them
- Ben Affleck Gives Jennifer Garner 11-Carat Diamond Ahead of Their Anniversary - Is It True?