Drake Wants to Get Paid for YOLO Merchandise
YOLO acronym that Drake helped popularize has become so famous that it appears on many merchandises in stores across the country, but it didn't seem to make him happy. The rapper took to Instagram to share his feeling about the matter.
"Walgreens....you gotta either chill or cut the cheque," Drizzy tweeted a caption in a picture that shows many YOLO baseball caps displayed in the store. "Macy's...same goes for you," the Canadian rhymer added in another image that features a YOLO t-shirt put on sale.
YOLO stands for "You Only Live Once". The tagline has been around for a long time since Mae West's era, but became more popular after Drake includes a rap line, "You only live once, that's the motto n***a YOLO," in his song "The Motto" that features Lil Wayne.
According to Gawker, the "Marvin's Room" crooner may have hard time to trademark YOLO because there have been more than 100 applications to copyright it for use on a number of different items.
More Drake News
- Kylie Jenner Wraps Her Body With Real Snake in Sneak Peek of Sexy 2017 Calendar
- Lady GaGa Shares Kindness With the Help of Taylor Kinney and Her Mom
- Shia LaBeouf Unleashes New Freestyle in Response to Soulja Boy's Threats
- Nicki Minaj Gets Heavily Criticized for Making Fun of Mentally Ill Woman
- 'The Mummy' Director on Whether Tom Cruise's Character Dies in the First Trailer
- 'Westworld' Showrunners Address Evil Dolores and Ford's Fate
- Justin Bieber Announces 2017 U.S. Stadium Tour Dates
- Blac Chyna Seems to Diss Kylie Jenner and Tyga on Snapchat. Is This Khloe's Response?