Drake Wants to Get Paid for YOLO Merchandise
YOLO acronym that Drake helped popularize has become so famous that it appears on many merchandises in stores across the country, but it didn't seem to make him happy. The rapper took to Instagram to share his feeling about the matter.
"Walgreens....you gotta either chill or cut the cheque," Drizzy tweeted a caption in a picture that shows many YOLO baseball caps displayed in the store. "Macy's...same goes for you," the Canadian rhymer added in another image that features a YOLO t-shirt put on sale.
YOLO stands for "You Only Live Once". The tagline has been around for a long time since Mae West's era, but became more popular after Drake includes a rap line, "You only live once, that's the motto n***a YOLO," in his song "The Motto" that features Lil Wayne.
According to Gawker, the "Marvin's Room" crooner may have hard time to trademark YOLO because there have been more than 100 applications to copyright it for use on a number of different items.
More Drake News
- Tyra Banks Accused of Abusing a Girl on 'America's Got Talent'
- Kanye West Is 'Humiliated' by Kim Kardashian's Deflated Butt
- Fergie Signs With BMG After Quitting Interscope
- Celine Dion, J.Lo, Mariah Carey and Backstreet Boys Will Not Cancel Vegas Shows Despite ISIS Threat
- Kendall Jenner and A$AP Rocky Enjoy Night Out in Cannes
- Kourtney Kardashian and Younes Bendjima Enjoying 'Wild Sex' in Cannes
- Mariah Carey Is Slammed by Co-Star for Alleged 'Bananas' Behaviour on 'The House' Filming Set
- Super Junior's Kyuhyun Begins Mandatory Military Service