Mumford and Sons May Go 'Electric' on Third Album
U.K. act Mumford & Sons's sophomore album "Babel" is doing very well in the charts, reaching no. 1 both in the U.S. and U.K., and has earned the band six Grammy nominations, including Album of the Year and Best Americana Album, but it's not keeping the group from exploring an arrangement different from their usual folksy rock sound. The members of the English rock band have revealed that despite their recent success, they won't be resting on their laurels and that they're already back at work on their next album, saying they might use an electric guitar or synthesizer on their third album.
Frontman Marcus Mumford told the UK Sunday Times, "We're not going to be the band that stands for folk music or for organic music. We've always done what feels good, rather than what we've thought long and hard about, and we'll do whatever feels soulful next, whether that's with an electric guitar or a synthesizer." Fellow vocalist and keyboardist Ben Lovett added, "It's dangerous for us to talk about what we've been discussing for the third album, but we do have greater ambitions not to just stay within certain sonic confines."
The band may be a bit more experimental for their third album, considering they have received some criticism for their second album "Babel" sounding quite similar to their debut studio set "Sigh No More". Although the group isn't sure yet as to the direction the new album is going to take, Winton Marshall assured fans earlier this December, "They're bones of songs, but really exciting bones, sturdy bones."
- Amber Heard and Elon Musk Have Been a Couple for 'a While,' and He 'Is Very Attentive' to Her
- Faye Dunaway Feels 'Very Guilty' About Oscar Flub
- Lil Wayne Ends Idaho Show After Fan Throws Drink at Him - Watch the Footage
- Hailey Baldwin Risks Nip Slip as She Goes Braless on Instagram
- Aaron Hernandez's Male Prison Lover Is Allegedly Revealed, Lawyer Denies Gay Rumor
- Colin Firth Returns in Awesome First Trailer for 'Kingsman: The Golden Circle'
- Keke Palmer Flaunts Nipple Piercings as She Parties in Skintight Dress
- J.Lo and Alex Rodriguez Step Out for Lunch Date After She Dishes on Their First Date on 'Ellen'