Mumford and Sons May Go 'Electric' on Third Album
U.K. act Mumford & Sons's sophomore album "Babel" is doing very well in the charts, reaching no. 1 both in the U.S. and U.K., and has earned the band six Grammy nominations, including Album of the Year and Best Americana Album, but it's not keeping the group from exploring an arrangement different from their usual folksy rock sound. The members of the English rock band have revealed that despite their recent success, they won't be resting on their laurels and that they're already back at work on their next album, saying they might use an electric guitar or synthesizer on their third album.
Frontman Marcus Mumford told the UK Sunday Times, "We're not going to be the band that stands for folk music or for organic music. We've always done what feels good, rather than what we've thought long and hard about, and we'll do whatever feels soulful next, whether that's with an electric guitar or a synthesizer." Fellow vocalist and keyboardist Ben Lovett added, "It's dangerous for us to talk about what we've been discussing for the third album, but we do have greater ambitions not to just stay within certain sonic confines."
The band may be a bit more experimental for their third album, considering they have received some criticism for their second album "Babel" sounding quite similar to their debut studio set "Sigh No More". Although the group isn't sure yet as to the direction the new album is going to take, Winton Marshall assured fans earlier this December, "They're bones of songs, but really exciting bones, sturdy bones."
- Justin Timberlake Votes Early but He Lands in Trouble for Taking Ballot Selfie
- 'Walking Dead' Slammed by Parents TV Council Over Brutal Deaths
- Amber Rose Cozying Up to 'DWTS' Pro Val Chmerkovskiy at Her Birthday Party
- Fans Petition 'Deadpool 2' to Hire Quentin Tarantino After Tim Miller's Exit
- It's Not a Perfect Illusion. Lady GaGa Exposes Bare Crotch in Super Tiny Shorts
- Watch President Obama's Perfect Response to Donald Trump's Mean Tweet
- Khloe Kardashian and Tristan Are 'Getting Serious' as She Finalizes Divorce From Lamar Odom
- New 'John Wick: Chapter Two' Images Reveal Bruce Lee's 'Enter the Dragon'-Inspired Setting