Nicki Minaj Booed in Hot 97's Christmas Extravaganza Show
Rapstress Nicki Minaj seemed to have made amends with radio station Hot 97 as she appeared for a hosting gig for the station's Christmas Extravaganza show. The party, which took place Tuesday night, December 25, saw the Harajuku Barbie arriving not until 2:30 in the morning at Webster Hall in New York. This allegedly caused dismay for the live audience who then sent boos and jeers at Minaj when she finally came out on stage.
The restless and very much irritated crowd also seemed to expect the "Va Va Voom" singer to perform and forgot that she was there to handle the hosting role for the evening. As reported by Hip Hop Wired, Minaj, who wore a figure-hugging black and red spandex catsuit, mainly stayed in her VIP balcony. "Unfortunately that made the crowd even more agitated as boos were heard. The key word here, that some in attendance chose to ignore, is that Nicki was hosting," the site reported.
According to additional accounts of what transpired that night, the 30-year-old singer then requested for a microphone and asked audience if they thought she was performing that evening. Minaj then "made her way down from VIP to a huge ovation and greeted some of the fans lucky enough to make it to the front."
Faced with the unforgiving crowd, Minaj continued and finished the show. "She closed things out with what was supposed to be a twerk contest that really didn't amount to what everyone hoped for. In all honesty, people left a bit confused as to what they just witnessed and waited hours for," added Hip Hop Wired. Other entertainers who managed to please the crowd that night were Meek Mill, Jim Jones, and Irv Gotti.
More Nicki Minaj News
- Lamar Odom Caught Partying With Scantily-Clad Ladies at Strip Club and Smoking Marijuana
- Watch First Trailer for Sundance Hit 'Manchester by the Sea' Starring Casey Affleck
- I'm Guilty! 'Obsessed' Kim Kardashian Admits She Steals Things From Hotels
- Taylor Swift and Tom Hiddleston Already Have Their First 'Major' Fight - What Is It About?
- Is The Flash Coming to 'Big Bang Theory'?
- Miley Cyrus Reportedly Pays for Everything in Her Relationship With Liam Hemsworth
- Prince William Says He Still Misses Princess Diana Every Day and We Can't Help Tearing Up
- Will X-Men Join Avengers in 'Infinity War'? Here's What Joe Russo Says