Tony Iommi: Black Sabbath Will Tour as Much as We're Able Next Year
Black Sabbath's guitarist Tony Iommi has released a statement saying that his legendary metal band will tour "as much as we're able" next year. The announcement came via Iommi's official website where he posted a message informing about the planned tour. The respected musician also thanked fans for their continued support and made references to his ongoing battle with cancer.
The 64-year-old metal icon talked about the wonderful year he and his band had and acknowledged the encouraging support from his fans. "What a year! Certainly not the one I was expecting. Thanks to you all for your massive help and support, it was very encouraging," said the guitar master.
Iommi also mentioned an update regarding Sabbath's upcoming album and referred to his continuing battle against lymphoma. He said, "I'm still working on the album and managed to play three shows, not bad given the news a year ago. I'm looking forward to next year, seeing what you think of the record and touring as much as we're able."
"My Best Wishes to you all, I hope you have a great Christmas and New Year, most of all, stay positive," added the British heavy metal musician.
In November, Black Sabbath unveiled news about their upcoming album, which would contain 15 tracks. The set is scheduled for release in April 2013 and will coincide with Sabbath's tour dates for that month. The band are slated to play five shows in April and May in Australia and New Zealand, including an appearance at Ozzfest in Japan on May 12.
- Comic-Con: 'Game of Thrones' Teases Season 7 With Production Video
- 'Kong: Skull Island' Poster Reveals First Look at the Beastly King
- Amber Rose Defends Kanye West Amid Taylor Swift Feud, but Begs Him to 'Stay out of the News'
- Comic-Con: Check Out 'The Walking Dead' Season 7 and 'Fear the Walking Dead' Season 2B Trailers
- 'The Bachelor' Star Chris Soules' Ex Whitney Bischoff Is Engaged Again
- Comic-Con: 'Scream Queens' Stars Share Details of Season 2, Colton Haynes' Cast in Mystery Role
- Dakota Johnson Channels 'Fifty Shades' Character in This Provocative Photo
- Celine Dion Slays Her Impressions of Rihanna, Cher and Sia on 'Tonight Show'