Tony Iommi: Black Sabbath Will Tour as Much as We're Able Next Year
Black Sabbath's guitarist Tony Iommi has released a statement saying that his legendary metal band will tour "as much as we're able" next year. The announcement came via Iommi's official website where he posted a message informing about the planned tour. The respected musician also thanked fans for their continued support and made references to his ongoing battle with cancer.
The 64-year-old metal icon talked about the wonderful year he and his band had and acknowledged the encouraging support from his fans. "What a year! Certainly not the one I was expecting. Thanks to you all for your massive help and support, it was very encouraging," said the guitar master.
Iommi also mentioned an update regarding Sabbath's upcoming album and referred to his continuing battle against lymphoma. He said, "I'm still working on the album and managed to play three shows, not bad given the news a year ago. I'm looking forward to next year, seeing what you think of the record and touring as much as we're able."
"My Best Wishes to you all, I hope you have a great Christmas and New Year, most of all, stay positive," added the British heavy metal musician.
In November, Black Sabbath unveiled news about their upcoming album, which would contain 15 tracks. The set is scheduled for release in April 2013 and will coincide with Sabbath's tour dates for that month. The band are slated to play five shows in April and May in Australia and New Zealand, including an appearance at Ozzfest in Japan on May 12.
- Laura Prepon Expecting First Child With Ben Foster
- Tom Brady on His Friendship With Donald Trump: Why Is It Such a Big Deal?
- 'Celebrity Apprentice' Recap: Technical Difficulty Causes More Termination
- 'Saturday Night Live' Writer Is Suspended for Mocking Barron Trump on Twitter
- Soulja Boy Charged on Suspicion of Illegally Possessing Firearms
- 'The Bachelor' Recap: Tension Between Corinne and Other Girls Is About to Get Physical
- 'Star Wars: Episode VIII' Gets Official Title, Mark Hamill Reacts
- Michelle Williams Reveals She Was 'Inconsolable' After Leaving Shared Home With Heath Ledger