New Picture of 'Texas Chainsaw 3D' Features the Original Leatherface
A new image from "Texas Chainsaw 3D" has landed online. While it doesn't feature any thrilling scene from the movie, the photo is still intriguing as it features Gunnar Hansen, the man behind Leatherface in Tobe Hooper's "The Texas Chain Saw Massacre", holding a gun.
Hansen, along with original actors in the 1974 movie namely Marilyn Burns, Bill Moseley and John Dugan, will make cameo appearance in the upcoming film. It's unclear who he plays, but he's a Sawyer family member.
"It was the creepiest feeling looking down the road, down the driveway and seeing the house coming up," Hansen once shared about visiting the set for the first time. Of the new Leatherface, he gushed, "There are things about the new Leatherface that are really neat. I would never have thought of them."
"A lot of times when they create a new Leatherface in these movies it's like they ignored the original," he said of the character's portrayal in the Platinum Dunes films, before adding, "But they did some details on the new Leatherface that when I read them I thought, 'Oh, what is this?' And then I thought about it and thought they were really nice additions to the personality of Leatherface that were consistent with the Leatherface from 1974, which I like."
"Texas Chainsaw 3D" continues the legendary story of the homicidal Sawyer family, picking up where Tobe Hooper's 1974 horror classic left off in Newt, Texas, where for decades people went missing without a trace. A vigilante mob of enraged locals surrounded the Sawyer house, burning it to the ground and killing every last member of the family.
Decades later and hundreds of miles away from the original massacre, a young woman named Heather learns that she has inherited a Texas estate from a grandmother she never knew she had. After embarking on a road trip with friends to uncover her roots, she finds she is the sole owner of a lavish, isolated Victorian mansion. But her newfound wealth comes at a price as she stumbles upon a horror that awaits her in the mansion's dank cellars.
Alexandra Daddario takes on the lead role as Heather, joined by Tania Raymonde, Trey Songz and more. Sam McKinzie portrays the young Leatherface, while Dan Yeager will play the elder version. The slasher movie will open wide in U.S. theaters January 4.
- Kim Kardashian Endorses Hillary Clinton, Shuts Down Rumor That She Votes for Donald Trump
- Angelina Jolie and Her Kids Move Into Rental House Amid Brad Pitt Divorce
- Find Out the Gender of Olivia Wilde's Second Child With Jason Sudeikis!
- Orlando Bloom and Malin Akerman Have Steamy Threesome on Netflix's 'Easy'
- Megan Hilty and Brian Gallagher Expecting Their Second Child
- Marion Cotillard's Partner Breaks Silence on Brad Pitt Affair Rumors
- Julia Roberts to Play PTA Mom Framed for Drug Possession in True-Story Movie
- Pippa Middleton's Private Photos Stolen After Her iCloud Got Hacked