'Star Trek Into Darkness' Debuts New Images, J.J. Abrams Says Movie Is About Hope and Love
"Star Trek Into Darkness" gets the highlight in the new issue of Empire magazine. Chris Pine's Kirk and Benedict Cumberbatch's John Harrison grace two different versions of the cover, while a bunch of new photos from the movie are featured in the magazine's spread.
Though a previously-released trailer hinted that the movie had a dark tone, director J.J. Abrams claims the film is not that gloomy. He tells the magazine, "I don't like going to the movies to feel bad. I don't like going to the movies to feel depressed and feel diminished. The reason you go to the movies is to feel bigger and stronger and happier."
"So this is a movie that they certainly go 'Into Darkness', but I would be the wrong director if it was about characters staying there. This is very much a movie about hope, about love, about romance, and about facing something that is truly terrifying and finding a way through the connection of your family and surviving and being stronger afterwards."
The "Star Trek" sequel will hit theaters across the nation on May 17, 2013. It follows the crew of the Enterprise as they are called back home and find an unstoppable force of terror from within their own organization has detonated the fleet and everything it stands for, leaving our world in a state of crisis.
With a personal score to settle, Captain Kirk leads a manhunt to a war-zone world to capture a one man weapon of mass destruction. As our heroes are propelled into an epic chess game of life and death, love will be challenged, friendships will be torn apart, and sacrifices must be made for the only family Kirk has left: his crew.
Also joining the casting department are Zoe Saldana, Zachary Quinto, Simon Pegg, Anton Yelchin, Karl Urban and Alice Eve.
- Wendy Williams Skeptical of Taylor Swift and Tom Hiddleston's Romance, Calling Him 'an Opportunist'
- Chloe Moretz Blasts 'Hateful' Twitter Trolls
- Watch Justin Bieber's Acoustic Cover of Taylor Swift's 'I Knew You Were Trouble'
- Caitlyn Jenner Was 'Disgusted' by Bruce's 'Greek God Kind of Body'
- 'American Horror Story' Reveals This Mysterious Logo of Season 6
- Rob Kardashian's Threat Is Apparently Why Blac Chyna Got Invited to Khloe's Birthday Party
- Kylie Jenner Is Getting Fancy New Car. Another Gift From Tyga?
- Fifth Harmony's Camila Cabello Goes Solo Again for Charity Song 'Power in Me'