Piers Morgan Reacts to Pro-Gun Advocates' Petition to Deport Him
Piers Morgan is not worried about getting deported. Gun proponents have launched a petition to send him back to U.K. following a heated argument about gun control demand following the school shootings in Connecticut, but the TV host doesn't feel threatened at all.
The petition posted on the White House website has collected nearly 25,000 signatures, the number needed to get the government to address the matter. "Just 4821 signatures needed to take my deportation petition to the point Obama has to respond. I urge you to sign," he tweeted.
Morgan clashed with a gun advocate when the CNN presenter voiced his support for gun control. "You're an unbelievably stupid man, aren't you?" he mocked his guest who suggested that teachers were allowed to carry weapons in the classroom.
The petition that soon followed the debate read, "British Citizen and CNN television host Piers Morgan is engaged in a hostile attack against the U.S. Constitution by targeting the Second Amendment. We demand that Mr. Morgan be deported immediately for his effort to undermine the Bill of Rights and for exploiting his position as a national network television host to stage attacks against the rights of American citizens."
In response, Morgan tweeted, "Ironic U.S. gun rights campaign to deport me for 'attacking 2nd Amendment rights' - is my opinion not protected under 1st Amendment rights?"
Piers is not the only celebrity demanding gun control to prevent another horrific mass murder. Most recently, Beyonce Knowles, Jennifer Aniston, Jon Hamm and Jamie Foxx sent their message to end gun violence in a PSA.
- Tarek El Moussa Addresses Rumors He Called Estranged Wife Christina a 'Whore'
- George Clooney Writes Touching Tribute to Cousin and 'NCIS: LA' Star Miguel Ferrer Who Dies at 61
- Little Mix Releases Sexy and Colorful Music Video for 'Touch'
- ABC Is Considering 'Black-ish' Spin-Off Starring Yara Shahidi
- Anne Hathaway to Join Rebel Wilson in 'Nasty Women'
- Everyone Loves Chrissy Teigen for Showing Off Her Stretch Marks in New Photo
- Mandy Moore Is Eager to Have Kids 'Sooner Than Later.' Ready to Start a Family?
- Ed Sheeran Wants to Collaborate With Beyonce, Plans Tour in March