Piers Morgan Reacts to Pro-Gun Advocates' Petition to Deport Him
Piers Morgan is not worried about getting deported. Gun proponents have launched a petition to send him back to U.K. following a heated argument about gun control demand following the school shootings in Connecticut, but the TV host doesn't feel threatened at all.
The petition posted on the White House website has collected nearly 25,000 signatures, the number needed to get the government to address the matter. "Just 4821 signatures needed to take my deportation petition to the point Obama has to respond. I urge you to sign," he tweeted.
Morgan clashed with a gun advocate when the CNN presenter voiced his support for gun control. "You're an unbelievably stupid man, aren't you?" he mocked his guest who suggested that teachers were allowed to carry weapons in the classroom.
The petition that soon followed the debate read, "British Citizen and CNN television host Piers Morgan is engaged in a hostile attack against the U.S. Constitution by targeting the Second Amendment. We demand that Mr. Morgan be deported immediately for his effort to undermine the Bill of Rights and for exploiting his position as a national network television host to stage attacks against the rights of American citizens."
In response, Morgan tweeted, "Ironic U.S. gun rights campaign to deport me for 'attacking 2nd Amendment rights' - is my opinion not protected under 1st Amendment rights?"
Piers is not the only celebrity demanding gun control to prevent another horrific mass murder. Most recently, Beyonce Knowles, Jennifer Aniston, Jon Hamm and Jamie Foxx sent their message to end gun violence in a PSA.
- Anne Hathaway Admits She Faked Happiness During Her 2013 Oscar Win
- 'Real Housewives of Miami' Star Larsa Splits From Husband Scottie Pippen Amid Future Romance Rumor
- Former Bachelorette Desiree Hartsock Gives Birth to Baby Boy
- Jennifer Lawrence to Lead Zelda Fitzgerald Biopic
- Kim Kardashian's Family Shares Throwbacks and Birthday Wishes as She Turns 36
- Chris Pratt to Return to TV as Guest Star on His Wife Anna Faris' 'Mom'
- Katy Perry and Pharrell Williams Named Co-Chairs for 2017 Met Gala
- Shailene Woodley Writes Powerful Essay About Her Arrest During Pipeline Protest