A$AP Rocky Assumes the Throne on New Artsy Clip for 'Long Live A$AP'
A$AP Rocky does not just rap about thought-provoking lyrics in his new track "Long Live A$AP". The song, which is off his debut set of the same title, also has a very artistic and equally impressive video. The Harlem rapper sits on a throne while black and white surreal images present themselves all throughout the clip.
The video for the lead single shows Rocky in what seems to be a journey into his troubled mind. As listeners hear the 24-year-old emcee talk about harsh realities of life, such as violence, drug addiction, worldly desires, and the Grim Reaper, they also see him get caught up in a castle where strange characters and images abound. Knights, women warriors, smoky shots of a white tub, and shadows of flying birds all paint a very abstract scenario for the video.
Amidst all these creepy imagery is Rocky dressed in full hip-hop fashion, wearing cool headgears, and completing it with his signature golden smile. He appears mostly sitting on this throne with two huge LED monitors showing alternate scenes of his performance and the weird images in the video. He also has a very stylish set made of a black back-drop and some eye-pleasing play at the words, "sleaze" and "please".
While fans marvel at this new music video, the album, "LongLiveA$AP" is getting some final touches and clean ups for its January 15 release. The album is under A$AP Worldwide, Polo Grounds Music and RCA Records (Sony Music Entertainment).
A$AP Rocky's "Long Live A$AP" Music Video
More A$AP Rocky News
- Katy Perry Teases New KP4 Song 'Witness'
- J.Lo and Alex Rodriguez Are Head Over Heels for Each Other
- Kim Kardashian and Kanye West Attend Funeral for His Nephew
- Ed Sheeran Forgets Lyrics During Live Performance
- Watch Second Trailer for 'Justice League'
- Nicki Minaj Teases Music Video for David Guetta's 'Light My Body Up' With On-Set Photo
- Watch Little Mix's Dreamy Cover of Rihanna's 'Love on the Brain'
- 'Walking Dead' Alum Steven Yeun and Wife Joana Pak Share First Photo of Their Newborn Baby