Frank Ocean Releases Scrapped Song He Wrote for 'Django Unchained'
Frank Ocean wrote and recorded a song for upcoming movie "Django Unchained", but the track, which is titled "Wise Man", did not make it to the final cut for the soundtrack to the highly-anticipated film. It apparently got the axed by the movie's director, the Academy Award-winning Quentin Tarantino. Ocean just made the track available for fans through his Tumblr site, wherein he posted on Saturday, December 22 that " 'Django' was ill without it."
Tarantino was quick to explain the reason for scrapping the track. "Frank Ocean wrote a fantastic ballad that was truly lovely and poetic in every way, there just wasn't a scene for it," said the critically-acclaimed director. "I could have thrown it in quickly just to have it, but that's not why he wrote it and not his intention. So I didn't want to cheapen his effort. But, the song is fantastic, and when Frank decides to unleash it on the public, they'll realize it then."
The soundtrack to "Django Unchained" was Tarantino's first time to collaborate with artists to produce original songs for his film. The movie is set in the American South during the 1800s slavery era, which has inspired artists like R'n'B artist John Legend, rapper Rick Ross, and lead actor, Jamie Foxx to write and record songs for the pic.
Ocean's effort to make it to the "Django Unchained" soundtrack may have been cut short, but certainly not his overall effort this year. The R'n'B artist is nominated for 6 awards in this year's Grammys for his album "Channel Orange".
More Frank Ocean News
- Drake Reportedly Has 'Weed Overdose'
- Kanye West 'Would Love to Have More Kids' With Kim Kardashian
- Justin Bieber Facing Arrest in Brazil Over Graffiti Case
- Peter Parker Wants to Be Like Iron Man in New 'Spider-Man Homecoming' Trailer
- Kris Jenner and Corey Gamble Break Up
- Cuba Gooding Jr. Generates Online Outrage After Lifting Up Sarah Paulson's Skirt at PaleyFest
- New Footage of 'Blade Runner 2049' Is Screened at CinemaCon
- Nina Agdal Flaunts Her Enviable Figure in Skimpy Bikinis for New Swimwear Campaign