Frank Ocean Releases Scrapped Song He Wrote for 'Django Unchained'
Frank Ocean wrote and recorded a song for upcoming movie "Django Unchained", but the track, which is titled "Wise Man", did not make it to the final cut for the soundtrack to the highly-anticipated film. It apparently got the axed by the movie's director, the Academy Award-winning Quentin Tarantino. Ocean just made the track available for fans through his Tumblr site, wherein he posted on Saturday, December 22 that " 'Django' was ill without it."
Tarantino was quick to explain the reason for scrapping the track. "Frank Ocean wrote a fantastic ballad that was truly lovely and poetic in every way, there just wasn't a scene for it," said the critically-acclaimed director. "I could have thrown it in quickly just to have it, but that's not why he wrote it and not his intention. So I didn't want to cheapen his effort. But, the song is fantastic, and when Frank decides to unleash it on the public, they'll realize it then."
The soundtrack to "Django Unchained" was Tarantino's first time to collaborate with artists to produce original songs for his film. The movie is set in the American South during the 1800s slavery era, which has inspired artists like R'n'B artist John Legend, rapper Rick Ross, and lead actor, Jamie Foxx to write and record songs for the pic.
Ocean's effort to make it to the "Django Unchained" soundtrack may have been cut short, but certainly not his overall effort this year. The R'n'B artist is nominated for 6 awards in this year's Grammys for his album "Channel Orange".
- Comic-Con: 'Stargate' Is Revived With Prequel Series on Digital Platform
- Braless Ariel Winter Flaunts Major Sideboob in Barely-There Top
- Comic-Con: 'Marvel's Inhumans' Trailer Shows Medusa's Power and Ellen Woglom's Mystery Character
- Kevin Hart Denies Cheating Accusations: 'It's Absolutely Not True'
- SyFy's Krypton First Epic Teaser Trailer Is Here!
- Comic-Con: 'Doctor Doom' Solo Movie in the Works From 'Legion' Creator
- 'The Originals' to End After 5 Seasons
- Listen to Louis Tomlinson and Bebe Rexha's Emotional Duet 'Back to You'