Video Premiere: Alanis Morissette's 'Receive'
Alanis Morissette has moved on from "Guardian" to "Receive", the second single from her eighth studio album, "Havoc and Bright Lights". A music video for the song was released on her YouTube account on Friday, December 21.
The video begins with black and white, showing all kinds of people and all kinds of negative emotions such as sadness and anxiety. As it moves toward the end, these people "receive" and display positive emotions such as happiness and excitement. The video ends in color.
The song talks about someone being selflessly devoted to her lover. However, he or she eventually declares that "today's all about me". Morissette sang, "I give hard and serve hard and now I need a break. I give in, I give all and now it's time to regenerate."
"Havoc and Bright Lights" was released in August this year, debuting at number 5 on Billboard Hot 200 chart with 33,000 copies sold in the first week. She embarked on a tour to support the album in June, starting the date in Birmingham, U.K. Stateside, she visited more than 20 cities up to November this year.
Her last tour date in Tel Aviv, Israel, earlier this month met a problem when Palestinian Campaign for the Academic and Cultural Boycott of Israel urged her to cancel at the last minute, because of the Israeli political situation. Morissette braved herself and went on with the concert.
Alanis Morissette's "Receive" Music Video
More Alanis Morissette News
- Queen Elizabeth Visits Victims of Manchester Attack in Hospital
- 'Wonder Woman' Women-Only Screening Enrages Male Fans
- T.I.'s Alleged Side Chick Bernice Burgos Reportedly Wants to Have Baby With Him
- Katy Perry Tears Up as She Pays Tribute to Manchester Bombing Victims at London Gig
- Rosario Dawson in Talks for 'X-Men: New Mutants', Two Others Eyed to Play Mirage
- Sophia Bush Exits 'Chicago P.D.' After Four Seasons
- Niall Horan Promises One Direction Reunion, With Zayn Malik
- Bella Thorne Says Cannes 'Isn't for Me' as Scott Disick Ditches Her for Ex Chloe Bartoli