Video Premiere: Alanis Morissette's 'Receive'
Alanis Morissette has moved on from "Guardian" to "Receive", the second single from her eighth studio album, "Havoc and Bright Lights". A music video for the song was released on her YouTube account on Friday, December 21.
The video begins with black and white, showing all kinds of people and all kinds of negative emotions such as sadness and anxiety. As it moves toward the end, these people "receive" and display positive emotions such as happiness and excitement. The video ends in color.
The song talks about someone being selflessly devoted to her lover. However, he or she eventually declares that "today's all about me". Morissette sang, "I give hard and serve hard and now I need a break. I give in, I give all and now it's time to regenerate."
"Havoc and Bright Lights" was released in August this year, debuting at number 5 on Billboard Hot 200 chart with 33,000 copies sold in the first week. She embarked on a tour to support the album in June, starting the date in Birmingham, U.K. Stateside, she visited more than 20 cities up to November this year.
Her last tour date in Tel Aviv, Israel, earlier this month met a problem when Palestinian Campaign for the Academic and Cultural Boycott of Israel urged her to cancel at the last minute, because of the Israeli political situation. Morissette braved herself and went on with the concert.
- Watch Ariana Grande and Bruno Mars Perform at Star-Studded We Can Survive Concert
- Kim Kardashian Angry at Beyonce for Not Reaching Out to Her After Paris Robbery
- Kim Zolciak Criticized for Posting Inappropriate Photo of 2-Year-Old Daughter Kaia
- New 'Game of Thrones' Photos Confirm the Highly Anticipated Meet-Up
- Pregnant Janet Jackson Steps Out in Full Islamic Dress
- Charlie Puth Cancels the Rest of His Tour Dates Because He's 'Extremely Sick'
- Chris Hemsworth Shoots Down Split Reports With Cheeky Instagram Post
- Kim Kardashian Said She Could 'Handle' Social Media Days Before She Got Robbed