Video Premiere: Alanis Morissette's 'Receive'
Alanis Morissette has moved on from "Guardian" to "Receive", the second single from her eighth studio album, "Havoc and Bright Lights". A music video for the song was released on her YouTube account on Friday, December 21.
The video begins with black and white, showing all kinds of people and all kinds of negative emotions such as sadness and anxiety. As it moves toward the end, these people "receive" and display positive emotions such as happiness and excitement. The video ends in color.
The song talks about someone being selflessly devoted to her lover. However, he or she eventually declares that "today's all about me". Morissette sang, "I give hard and serve hard and now I need a break. I give in, I give all and now it's time to regenerate."
"Havoc and Bright Lights" was released in August this year, debuting at number 5 on Billboard Hot 200 chart with 33,000 copies sold in the first week. She embarked on a tour to support the album in June, starting the date in Birmingham, U.K. Stateside, she visited more than 20 cities up to November this year.
Her last tour date in Tel Aviv, Israel, earlier this month met a problem when Palestinian Campaign for the Academic and Cultural Boycott of Israel urged her to cancel at the last minute, because of the Israeli political situation. Morissette braved herself and went on with the concert.
- P. Diddy Squashes Breakup Rumors With a Super Sweet Birthday Message for Cassie
- Does 'American Horror Story' Reveal the Murder Weapon in This New Season 6 Teaser?
- Taylor Swift Sports Bigger Breasts in Tight Crop-Top. Did She Really Get a Boob Job?
- Get Your First Glimpse of Tom Hardy in Christopher Nolan's WWII Film 'Dunkirk'
- Miley Cyrus Sports New Gold Band on Ring Finger. Is She Secretly Married to Liam Hemsworth?
- Jennifer Lopez Posts Cryptic Message After Breakup as Casper Smart Is Reportedly Still in Denial
- Is Britney Spears' 'Glory' Track 'Liar' About Ex Justin Timberlake?
- Donald Glover Addresses Lando Casting Rumor in Han Solo Movie