July 21, 2017  

Stagehand's $5 Million Lawsuit Against NKOTBSB Dismissed

December 22, 2012 (5:41 pm) GMT
A judge agreed with the bands that they are not responsible for the brain and head injury of William Wesley Styron.
New Kids On The Block, Backstreet Boys

and are freed from a $5 million lawsuit after a judge ruled that the bands are not held responsible for the injury that stagehand William Wesley Styron suffered. The judge said NKOTBSB "owed no duty to plaintiff that was breached when he was injured" and then dismissed the case.

Back in July this year, Styron sued the bands, who embarked on a joint tour last year, after he fell 13 feet through a hole in the stage before a concert in Memphis, Tennessee. Saying the hole was unmarked and blaming it on negligence, the man claimed he suffered a brain injury and also fractured his skull in the tumble.

He named the bands in the lawsuit, demanding $5 million in compensation of medical bills and other damages. A representative of both bands immediately denied that they were responsible for the incident and said that it was not their fault that Styron did not see the huge hole in front of him.

According to TMZ, the judge was in favor of the boys, saying the production company should be the one held responsible instead of the bands.

NKOTBSB kicked off their tour in May 2011 in North America and Canada. They went on an eight month break before continuing the tour in Europe earlier this year. The jaunt was wrapped up in the Philippines this June.

TODAY'S HEADLINES

  1. G-Dragon Promises Big Bang Will Reunite as 5 Members
  2. Jay Park Signs With Roc Nation
  3. Justin Bieber Banned From China Over His 'Bad Behavior'
  4. Kim Kardashian Is 'Furious' After Video of Her Partying Hard Exposed
  5. Joseph Gordon-Levitt and Tasha McCauley Welcome Second Child
  6. Celebrities Who Regret Getting Plastic Surgery
  7. JYJ's Park Yoochun's Fiancee Allegedly Wants to Break Off Engagement
  8. Kingsman Teams Up With Statesman in New 'The Golden Circle' Red Band Trailer