Video: Beyonce, Jon Hamm and More Speak Against Gun Violence
In the wake of recent shooting at Sandy Hook Elementary School in Newtown, Connecticut, celebrities have joined forces to end gun violence. Beyonce Knowles, Jennifer Aniston, Jon Hamm, Jamie Foxx and many more appeared in a PSA to support the anti-gun movement.
"How many more colleges, how many more classrooms, how many more movie theaters, how many more houses of faith, how many more shopping malls, how many more street quarters. Enough, demand a plan right now as a mom, as a dad, as a friend, as a husband, as a wife, as an American, as a human being. For the children of Sandy Hook, demand a plan," the stars said in turns.
"No more lists of names. It's not too soon, it's too late. Now is the time before we all know someone who loved someone on that list. No more lists, no more who they might have been. If we had just done something yesterday. It's time, we can do better than this. It's time for our leaders to act."
President Barack Obama has, on Friday, December 21, responded personally to numerous petitions against gun violence. "I want to take a minute today to respond and let you know, we hear you," he said in a video, adding he has appointed vice president Joe Biden to lead a new commission that may lead to legislation against gun violence.
Obama also said that "the vast majority of responsible, law-abiding gun owners would be some of the first to say that we should be able to keep an irresponsible, law-breaking few from buying a weapon of war." He continued, "I'm willing to bet that they don't think that using a gun and using common sense are incompatible ideas. That an unbalanced man shouldn't be able to get his hands on a military-style assault rifle so easily."
More Beyonce Knowles News
- Is Katy Perry Romancing Calvin Harris to Get Back at Taylor Swift?
- Miley Cyrus Makes Liam Hemsworth Jealous Over Her Pampering Sessions With Pet Pig
- 'Bachelorette' Recap: Ashton Kutcher and Mila Kunis Help Test the Guys' Husband Skills
- John Boyega Shows Finn's New Weapon in 'Star Wars: The Last Jedi'
- Bella Thorne Gets Cuddly With Ex Gregg Sulkin After Super Quick Fling With Scott Disick
- Kourtney Kardashian Ready to Introduce Younes Bendjima to Her Family
- 'Pirates of the Caribbean 5' Is Not Hacked, Claims Disney CEO
- Niall Horan Pays Tribute to Manchester Bombing Victims, Makes 'On the Loose' TV Debut on 'Today'