'How I Met Your Mother' Is Renewed for 9th Season, Jason Segel Gets Turned Around
Good news has been shared for fans of CBS' comedy "How I Met Your Mother". Deadline breaks the news that the sitcom has secured its 9th season order, though the network and the studio remain tight-lipped about the happy news until now.
The decision reportedly was made during the last minutes after Jason Segel planned to depart from the series. Deadline said that "the cast deals closed after hard work by agents and managers and lawyers and executives and after an 11th hour turnaround of Jason Segel who was set on bailing."
The popular comedy is actually on its last year of contract with CBS. The deals with the cast members, as well as creators Craig Thomas and Carter Bays were also set to end this season. Thomas and Bays had requested to make a decision by the end of December. As the fate of the show remained unclear, it was said that Segel wanted to bail out while everyone else wanted to continue the series.
A source said that Segel "decided to bail and leave the cast hangung" because his film career is rockecting now. However, it was reported that the actor "just got turned around today at the last second. The show was literally dead."
CBS has been very keen on bringing "HIMYM" for a new season. Its Entertainment President, Nina Tassler, once said, "We want the show to come back next year." Just last week, Bays spoke to TVLine, revealing that everyone was "right in the middle of white-knuckled, nail-biting," but stressing, "We're all very confident it will work out."
- Kim Ji Won Reveals She's Jealous of Song Joong Ki and Song Hye Kyo
- Kris Jenner Is Planning to Send Rob Kardashian to Psych Ward
- Miley Cyrus and Jennifer Hudson Are Feuding on 'The Voice'
- Blac Chyna Parties With Lamar Odom and Tyga
- Girls' Generation's Yuri Injures Her Leg During SM Town Show
- Ten Times Chrissy Teigen Trolls Donald Trump on Twitter
- Yolanda Hadid Who? David Foster Enjoys Romantic Italy Getaway With Elizabeth Hurley
- 'The Star' First Teaser Trailer Tells the Story of Christmas From Different Perspective