Michael Jackson and Whitney Houston Inspire New Las Vegas Musical
Along with the King of Rock and Roll Elvis Presley, King of Pop Michael Jackson and the Grammy Award-winning diva Whitney Houston are going to Vegas via a musical called "The Man". The late music icons are the inspiration for the new musical, that will shed the light on how young artists with a dream become superstars.
The story will be told through the eyes of a talent manager and will focus on Jackson but will likewise draw inspiration from the three icons' experiences. "We want this project to be a compelling, gritty, entertaining tale, that tells the story of the price of fame in a new way," co-producer Mark Lamica announced. Lamica, who has worked with Jackson's late manager, Frank Dileo, added, "This is a fictional template and story that, with some variation, fits a number of global celebrities."
The musical, which reportedly is a cross between "Goodfellas" and "Dreamgirls", will be produced by industry heavy-hitters who have actually worked with the King of Pop, like Jerry Greenburg, president of Jackson's record label. It will feature original music and is expected to open in late 2013 simultaneously with the launching of a book co-written by Lamica.
Jackson, recognized by Guinness as the most successful entertainer of all time, died in 2009 while on his bed in his mansion in Los Angeles, reportedly from a drug overdose. Houston, considered as the most awarded female act of all-time by Guinness, was found unconscious and submerged in a bathtub in her Beverly Hilton Hotel suite and was later pronounced dead in February this year.
- Drake Reportedly Has 'Weed Overdose'
- Kanye West 'Would Love to Have More Kids' With Kim Kardashian
- Justin Bieber Facing Arrest in Brazil Over Graffiti Case
- Peter Parker Wants to Be Like Iron Man in New 'Spider-Man Homecoming' Trailer
- Kris Jenner and Corey Gamble Break Up
- Cuba Gooding Jr. Generates Online Outrage After Lifting Up Sarah Paulson's Skirt at PaleyFest
- New Footage of 'Blade Runner 2049' Is Screened at CinemaCon
- Nina Agdal Flaunts Her Enviable Figure in Skimpy Bikinis for New Swimwear Campaign