Zachary Levi and Jim Sturgess In the Running to Lead 'Guardians of the Galaxy'
"Guardians of the Galaxy" might be close to find its lead. Variety shares the words that Marvel Studios has narrowed its shortlist into two frontrunners to play Peter Quill. They are none other than Zachary Levi and Jim Sturgess.
For those who are unfamiliar with Quill a.k.a Star-Lord, the character leads a group of alien superheros including Rocket Raccoon, Groot, Drax the Destroyer and Gamora to protect the solar system from an evil force. They come from the future and another dimension. In Marvel comics, the Guardians also work with The Avengers to protect the universe.
Previously, it was said that Marvel tested five actors for the coveted lead role. They were Sturgess, Joel Edgerton, Lee Pace, Jack Huston and Eddie Redmayne. Sturgess is now the only one remaining from the list. As for Levi, though he was not included in the previous list, the studio was impressed with him after he tackled a supporting role in "Thor : The Dark World".
The "Guardians of the Galaxy" film project has hired James Gunn as the director and Black List scribe Chris McCoy as the screenwriter. The movie reportedly will follow a far-future story revolving around a group of alien beings - each the last of their kind - who eventually travel back in time to protect the earth from alien invasion. Marvel plans to release the flick Stateside on August 1, 2014.
More Guardians of the Galaxy News
- Oops! Cher Accidentally Retweets a Dick Pic
- No More Bad Blood! Taylor Swift and Calvin Harris Are Texting Again
- Rob Kardashian Crushing on His Own Sister Kim When He Was Young
- Zack Snyder Hints at Deathstroke's Cameo in 'Justice League'
- Kim Kardashian Ditches Panties in Jaw-Dropping Look at Paris Fashion Week
- Britney Spears Feels Great in Her 30s Because Her 20s Were 'Horrible'
- Listen to Niall Horan's First Solo Single 'This Town' Here!
- Kim Kardashian Is Sick of Taylor Swift Question: 'I'm So Over It'