Madonna Angers Fans Who Watched Her Chile Concert
After berating a small crowd of cigarette-smoking fans during the pre-show soundcheck for her Chile concert, Madonna once again antagonized her fans in Chile when her concert at the Estadio Nacional in Santiago City started 2 hours late from the announced 9:30P.M. set time. It was also shorter by 40 minutes as compared to the other performances in her top-grossing "MDNA" concert tour. The Material Girl had earlier threatened to cancel her show during the soundcheck if the cigarette-wielding fans did not stop smoking while in her presence.
"Hello, Santiago, thank you for your patience," Madonna said as she welcomed the crowd of about 36,000 to the Chile stop of her "MDNA" tour. The concertgoers had braved the horrible weather and traffic as freak storm had befallen the South American city on the day of the concert, only to be disappointed, first by the 2-hour delay, then by the show having ended 40 minutes earlier than the pop singer's other tour performances.
Producers of the show disclosed that they had to skip the first eight songs in the line-up to ensure Madonna's safety, hoping that the weather would improve. But at least 650 fans have already filed complaints with the national consumer board, which will look into the possibility that the concert breached the terms of the tickets. The consumer agency may file a lawsuit or broker a deal to compensate the disgruntled fans.
Madonna's "MDNA" concert tour ends on Saturday in Cordoba, Argentina. It's the most successful tour this year, and may even end up as the highest-grossing live act of all-time.
- The Flash Reunites With Jay Garrick, Teams Up With Tom Felton's Character in Season 3 Photos
- 'Doctor Strange' IMAX Trailer Unveils Avengers Ties. Also Get Details About Rachel McAdams' Role
- Donald Trump on Former Miss Universe Alicia Machado He Once Called 'Miss Piggy': She's 'the Worst'
- Amy Schumer Is First Woman to Make Forbes' List of Highest-Paid Comedians
- Justin Bieber Blows Snots on Concertgoers After Telling Fans They 'Suck'
- Denzel Washington and Viola Davis Argue Over Their Hard Lives in 'Fences' Teaser Trailer
- Netflix Debuts First Trailer for Its Ambitious Royal Drama 'The Crown'
- Did Gigi Hadid Throw Shade at Harry Styles With This Photo of Zayn Malik?