'GMA' Weatherman Sam Champion Married His Longtime Partner
Sam Champion was married to Rubem Robierb. The weatherman on "Good Morning America" and his longtime partner said their "I do's" at an intimate 10-minute ceremony officiated by N.Y. State Supreme Court Justice George J. Silver at the former's NYC apartment.
Congratulations were soon pouring in from their family, friends and fans. "THANK YOU FOR ALL the LOVE," 51-year-old Sam tweeted. His Brazilian-born groom Rubem as equally thrilled as he showed off their wedding bands in a Twitter picture with a caption, "Now we are officially married."
The nuptials were attended by "GMA" anchors Josh Elliot, Lara Spencer and Robin Robert. Looking radiant in a red dress, Robin recited a poem by Elizabeth Barrett Browning. Rubem's mother and sisters even Skyped in from Brazil to witness the special day.
Earlier in the day on "GMA", Sam got advices from his married castmates. George Stephanopoulos advised him to "remember every second," and Elizabeth Vargas said, "Be present in every single moment. As big as today is, it's the rest of your life that is really amazing."
When Lara asked him if he was nervous, he replied, "The whole family is at the house right now, so I should be able to walk in and have everything [done]." He then joked about the song for their first dance, "Is 'Stairway to Heaven' out of the question? That was the '70s love song."
Sam announced his engagement to Rubem in October this year. The married couple will, again, celebrate their matrimony in a Miami party on New Year's Eve.
- Gwyneth Paltrow Shares Makeup-Free Selfie to Celebrate 44th Birthday
- Nashville Crowd Helps Kanye West Diss Taylor Swift
- 'Modern Family' to Make History by Casting Transgender Child Actor
- New 'Spider-Man: Homecoming' Set Pic Sees Tom Holland Suiting Up as the Webslinger in Queens
- 'Scream Queens' 2.03 Preview Teases Bad Blood Between Chad and Brock
- Courteney Cox on Jennifer Aniston Dragged Into Brangelina Divorce: 'It's Not About Her'
- Rep Denies Lady GaGa Is Having Baby 'on Her Own'
- Get Your First Look at Nick Jonas in New 'Jumanji' Movie