Ryan Gosling Tries to Be a Good Dad in First 'Place Beyond the Pines' Trailer
"The Place Beyond the Pines" has debuted its first trailer, which boasts dramatic scenes involving Ryan Gosling as a man who is forced to take a responsibility for fathering a son from his girlfriend. Gosling gives his convincing performance as he tries to be a good dad for his baby, but decides to do it in a wrong way.
Gosling plays Luke, a motorcycle stunt rider and habitual loner who works for a traveling carnival, roaming from town to town. After reuniting with his sometime girlfriend Romina (Eva Mendes), Luke discovers that he has fathered a son.
Determined to meet his responsibility but unable to support a family, Luke opts to start robbing banks. On his getaway motorcycle, Luke is magnificent: skilled, daring, reckless and macho. But on one heist he draws the pursuit of rookie cop Avery (Bradley Cooper). It proves a fateful confrontation.
Derek Cianfrance directs the compelling crime drama film in addition to co-writing the script alongside Ben Coccio and Darius Marder. The movie is also supported by Rose Byrne, Dane DeHaan and Ray Liotta.
Focus Features will release "The Place Beyond the Pines" in the U.S. on March 29, 2013.
- 'The Voice' Season 12 Sneak Peek: Watch 29-Year-Old J. Chosen Blow the Coaches' Mind
- Sinead O'Connor Apologizes for Saying Arsenio Hall Gave Prince Drugs
- See Lethal Charlize Theron in New 'Atomic Blonde' Poster
- Brooklyn Beckham Gets Dating Advice From Anais Gallagher
- Nicole Scherzinger Goes Underwear Free in Dazzling Dress at BRIT Awards After-Party
- 'This Is Us' to Bring Back Ron Cephas Jones in Season 2 After That Emotional Road Trip
- Gigi and Bella Hadid Go Vampy for Milan Fashion Week
- NBC's 'Taken' Opening Scene Reveals How Bryan Mills' Sister Is Murdered