Ryan Gosling Tries to Be a Good Dad in First 'Place Beyond the Pines' Trailer
"The Place Beyond the Pines" has debuted its first trailer, which boasts dramatic scenes involving Ryan Gosling as a man who is forced to take a responsibility for fathering a son from his girlfriend. Gosling gives his convincing performance as he tries to be a good dad for his baby, but decides to do it in a wrong way.
Gosling plays Luke, a motorcycle stunt rider and habitual loner who works for a traveling carnival, roaming from town to town. After reuniting with his sometime girlfriend Romina (Eva Mendes), Luke discovers that he has fathered a son.
Determined to meet his responsibility but unable to support a family, Luke opts to start robbing banks. On his getaway motorcycle, Luke is magnificent: skilled, daring, reckless and macho. But on one heist he draws the pursuit of rookie cop Avery (Bradley Cooper). It proves a fateful confrontation.
Derek Cianfrance directs the compelling crime drama film in addition to co-writing the script alongside Ben Coccio and Darius Marder. The movie is also supported by Rose Byrne, Dane DeHaan and Ray Liotta.
Focus Features will release "The Place Beyond the Pines" in the U.S. on March 29, 2013.
- Bring on the Baby Wipes! The Rock Takes on Mid-Flight Diaper Duty With Daughter Jasmine
- Kim Kardashian Admits That Her Curvy Figure Makes Her Feel Insecure
- 'The Walking Dead' Was Supposed to End in Alexandria, but It Has Changed
- Disney's New 'Nutcracker' Movie Casts Mackenzie Foy as Clara
- Video: Kanye West Disses Taylor Swift While Crashing Drake's Concert
- Ben Affleck Risks His Life in New 'The Accountant' Trailer
- An Uber Driver Failing to Recognize Lorde Brags About Another Celebrity Passenger
- Scott Disick and Khloe Kardashian Make Fun of Dating Rumors While Posing for a Selfie