Ryan Gosling Tries to Be a Good Dad in First 'Place Beyond the Pines' Trailer
"The Place Beyond the Pines" has debuted its first trailer, which boasts dramatic scenes involving Ryan Gosling as a man who is forced to take a responsibility for fathering a son from his girlfriend. Gosling gives his convincing performance as he tries to be a good dad for his baby, but decides to do it in a wrong way.
Gosling plays Luke, a motorcycle stunt rider and habitual loner who works for a traveling carnival, roaming from town to town. After reuniting with his sometime girlfriend Romina (Eva Mendes), Luke discovers that he has fathered a son.
Determined to meet his responsibility but unable to support a family, Luke opts to start robbing banks. On his getaway motorcycle, Luke is magnificent: skilled, daring, reckless and macho. But on one heist he draws the pursuit of rookie cop Avery (Bradley Cooper). It proves a fateful confrontation.
Derek Cianfrance directs the compelling crime drama film in addition to co-writing the script alongside Ben Coccio and Darius Marder. The movie is also supported by Rose Byrne, Dane DeHaan and Ray Liotta.
Focus Features will release "The Place Beyond the Pines" in the U.S. on March 29, 2013.
- Iron Fist Shows His Martial Art Skills in New Photos of Netflix's Series
- Is Rihanna Not Happy With Beyonce Over Grammy Nominations?
- Wendy Williams Calls Nicki Minaj 'Insensive B***h' for Mocking Mentally Ill Woman
- Lady GaGa Pens 'Inspiring' Open Letter About Her Daily Effort to Battle With PTSD
- 'Bones': What Will Happen to the Jeffersonian? David Boreanaz Shares Photo of Destroyed Lab
- See Tom Hiddleston Accidentally Running Into 'Taylor Swift' During Morning Jog in London
- Andy Cohen Would Like to Hook Up With Justin Bieber
- Chanel Iman Stars in Flo Rida's Flashy Video for 'Zillionaire'